up for sale!

Pages: 1 18 replies

K
kooche posted on Wed, Dec 6, 2006 2:19 PM

"Sunshine"
5X8"
gouache on illustration board
$350 framed in black bamboo
anyone interested in owning this original should email me or personal messsage me here

mahalos

F

I only wish I could afford that painting right now, very cool. Unfortunately that would cut into the X-mas budget, and while my neice and nephew think TIki stuff is cool and like your stuff (and your name), Nintendo overrules you this time of year.

I will lust and lament over not being able to get the original.

K
kooche posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 7:46 AM

it is Xmas - i realize that not many people have an extra $350 lying around to drop on a painting ... but that's doesn't make me want to stop swinging my brushes when i'm not working on a book cover or some other side project...glad you like it - hell i wish i could afford this painting too but i have a little girl to feed clothe and edjumicate so she won't end up a naive hillbilly
mahalo!!!

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 8:21 AM

On 2006-12-07 07:46, kooche wrote:
it is Xmas - i realize that not many people have an extra $350 lying around to drop on a painting ... but that's doesn't make me want to stop swinging my brushes when i'm not working on a book cover or some other side project...glad you like it - hell i wish i could afford this painting too but i have a little girl to feed clothe and edjumicate so she won't end up a naive hillbilly
mahalo!!!

Ahem. We-uns here in the hills don't take kindly to you flat-landers using the "H" word. I dare you to come over to Nawger Nob and say that!

H

"naive hillbilly"

Using derogatory adjectives when referring to someones cultural roots is a NO-NO! :o It's not difficult to get the point across without offending someone, try it, it's so easy a caveman could do it!

Nice painting, though. However, I'm taking my 350$ I made on the turnip truck and going to by some copper pipe for the moonshine still and maybe some Del McCoury records. :wink:

K
kooche posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 9:46 AM

a no-no huh??? gee

i don't think "naive hillbilly" is all that serious - "dumb fuck" or "dip shit" is - what michael richards did is a straight up no-no ... am i to pretend that there is no such thing as naive hillbillies? like bigfoot they may or may not exist? ney - surely they have killed enough of one another (praise god) as well as others to assume that they are capable of being, at least in part or in some parts, naive - everyone fancies themselves as being smarter than someone else even those with disabilities or cavemen and women

having said this - let's be clear - there are naive "folks" in AAALL parts of the world and in all walks of life. to say that there are less or more of these where there are greater numbers of persons is to be the epitomy of naive - there are naive country mice and there are many naive city mice because there is a greater population in the metropolitan area - i will not hush my mouth to save anyone's personal disposition or living state - i'm a part of modern stoneage family having a gay old time - a spade - a rose

enjoy your chopper's noise polution and twangy sounds as we all enjoy our personal vices - unity through diversity friends

the internet sucks - everyone wants to fight educate enlighten and comment - gawk!

H

Huh? I was just talking about Swanky calling his "Nob" a "Nawger".

K

thank you kindly - i thought that was an over reaction to the 2 words i used - sorry - LOL

swanky??? what say you?

i know swanky and he is no hater - it's hard to understand context with all this ethernet betwixt us

peas and rice - peas and carrots - peas and cheese

T

naive hillbilly is a cultural root? If that is a certain type of person, you would have identify yourself with that description to be offended. And therefore you are calling yourself one. And Kooche just said that he didn't want to be a hillbilly, he never placed a stigma of good or bad to it. No but really was that a joke of being offended?? Everyone knows that naive Hillbillys don't have computers to ever read anything about them on the Internet.

T

Interent, whats that, it that the trap that I use to catch the food that runs inside of my shack?! :D

F

I think it's like that interweb thingy-ma-bobber.

I used to Live in Central Kentucky (the part where interstates don't run, not the cool part) and I know several people how proudly refer to themselves as hillbillies, they are good folk. But I sure as hell am glad that I got out of there and didn't end up like them, in a Union underwear factory. I don't want to put inspected by tags in other people drawers.

BTW moonshinin' is a lucrative business in them thar parts, cause there are a lot of dry counties. Baby Jeezus said you can make the bourbon, but if you drink it yer goin' ta hell.

A

Nawger Nob is a place in the Smokey Mountains where naive hillbillies reside not something Kramer might shout while on stage.

See you can find naive hillbillies outside of South Carolina. But the polite way to refer to them is "The Culturally Deprived."

About the painting, I like the Malolo and the twin fin. Nice stuff!

T

Kooche, yous be hearing form my lawyer Gloria Allred mys family is naive hillbillys so eyes don't take this lightlee ... yous govern youself acordian !!!!

K
kooche posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 9:03 PM

poor poor michael richards - the absolute worst thing you can feel for anyone is pity and that's about all a lot of people have for him now - maybe he'll redeem himself but i sure don't know how

big swell coming in! WOO! getting wet tomorrow!

S

Ever see the Beverly Hillbillies? Those were some naive hillbillies. As opposed to say, Al Gore, who was not a naive hillbilly.

Remember, the "billy" in "Rockabilly" stands for the "hillbilly" in the music. Keep it real!

K

no shame no gain

K

BT

Wow, that's a really cool painting. I'll let the hillbilly remark slide :D

Kool moody stuff! That last piece looks to be part of something larger? Is it? It have a title?

P.S. I was born and raised in the farm lands of Nebraska. We prefer the term "no account Yahoo".

Mahalo~

Pages: 1 18 replies