Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

What's new? a bunch 'o CDs

Pages: 1 13 replies

MN

I was able to pick up some good CDs at Tower. The price was better than buying downloads.
The exotica....

and the other stuff too...

M
Moki posted on Wed, Dec 6, 2006 9:10 PM

Damn!! That's a bunch for sure....

M

DUDE !!!!!

Thats a serious purchase.... what were they priced at if you dont mind me asking.

On 2006-12-06 21:21, Monkeyman wrote:
DUDE !!!!!

Thats a serious purchase.... what were they priced at if you dont mind me asking.

Dude!!

If you don't mind me asking....how much do you charge for your
frames??

Just curious. :wink:

M

I charge $25 for 3 or more and $30 for one.

Was my question in bad taste Ben?

Im sorry. Just looked like a big score to me. If they were $2 each then I was gonna run down and get some too.

WOW!!!! :o

Nice haul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

MN

It is somewhat of a sickness. Fortunately I did not buy them all at once. That would just be crazy.
When Tower started the closing sale the prices weren't as good as the normal sales.
I would usually buy a CD that I wanted if there was no other backstock of that CD. If there was a lot of backstock I would wait until the sale increased. Over half of the CDs were 50% plus off.

The labels Six Degrees, Crammed & Ziriguiboom are $2 or $3. The music is spacey, Technoish, worldy, beat, kinda exoticish. Ekova, Banco de Gaia, Issa Bagayogo, Bossacucanova, Electric Gypsyland and Bebel Gilberto are all pretty good.

It is proobably time for me to get another 40G Ipod. :)

Curently most are 60% off, rap is 75% off. There is a lot of bad rad compared to the good rap. Magazines are 90% off. Not much left except for newspaper style mags and male skin mags.

IT IS NOW TOTALLY DEPRESSING IN THE STORE!! EMPLOYEES ASK HOW YOU ARE ,BUT DON'T REALLY RESPOND WHEN ASKED HOW THEY ARE. :( :cry:

I did pay between $2 and $9 for each CD. Better than some used stores. I just didn't have to hunt the used stores for them. A few are actually from "Product of the Day". The School Girl Report was $9.

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-12-07 09:27 ]

K

On 2006-12-07 07:42, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

It is proobably time for me to get another 40G Ipod. :)

Damn!...maybe 2 Ipods? :D
have fun!
K.

H

Hahahahahaha! He's crazy!

Hey Red, how many of those suckers have you burned for me today? Times a wastin! Better get over to Shuffle and tell us what yer listenning to. (I hope it's not Ice Cube)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18844&forum=13&hilite=shuffle

Last time I went i picked up Lonesome Echo by Jackie Gleason for about five bucks as well as some remastered Verve, Prestige and Blue Note goodies on the cheap. (insert evil laughter here)

The jazz and easy listening is almost gone but there's tons of rock'n'roll for at least 50% off.

I see you picked up a couple of Double Crown Records CD's (a label I run in Bellingham, WA) by The Kilaueas. Good to see that our stuff is/was getting some distribution! I wish we had a Tower nearby - Seattle's 2 hours away from here, but that is a great score!

Sean
Double Crown Records
http://www.dblcrown.com

On 2006-12-14 10:47, Double Crown wrote:
I see you picked up a couple of Double Crown Records CD's (a label I run in Bellingham, WA) by The Kilaueas. Good to see that our stuff is/was getting some distribution! I wish we had a Tower nearby - Seattle's 2 hours away from here, but that is a great score!

Sean
Double Crown Records
http://www.dblcrown.com

Sorry Sean,
I slipped in some others that weren't from Tower.

I think it sounds good, at least in my head, if I say the Kilaueas themselves hand delivered them to me. :) Their show was great here in San Diego.

Hmmmmm...tempts me to stop off at the Tower closing by me. Amazon is getting rich off me...why not share the wealth with the newly deceased.

On 2006-12-14 21:20, VampiressRN wrote:
Hmmmmm...tempts me to stop off at the Tower closing by me. Amazon is getting rich off me...why not share the wealth with the newly deceased.

Suck um dry Vampiress. :)

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-12-15 07:23 ]

S

For those who can make the trip to Columbus, Ohio there is a Half-Price Bookstore on brice road just south of I70 that has Arthur Lyman's "Puka Shells" and "Pearly Shells" on CD. These are new, still in the celophane and I believe they are about $5.00.

Pages: 1 13 replies