Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

My new Tiki tattoo - by Hoffa

Pages: 1 15 replies

Ok, I should've posted this by now but I'm a pretty busy lady. The artist is Hoffa, the inspiration and homage is to Eli Hedley - responsible for carving the amazing Moai outside the Aku Aku in Las Vegas as well as the interior. And of course, the Original Beachcomber. I know this is my own, but still, one of the most amazing tatt's I've ever seen!!!

Very nice. Can't beat the moai tats.

F
foamy posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 5:30 AM

Now that's a heck of a tattoo. Great colors and well done. How long did that take?

S

Hoffa is the man. Period.

T

I don't like it, take it off. Just kidding, its nicely done. Just look at those spear tips, looks perfect. Subject matter awesome, placement great and the fade in and out perfect blend. Colors nice and bright too.

Yep - Hoffa is the man. This took almost 11 hours. 2 sessions and just before Hukilau 2006. I'm mighty proud of it. I have at least one person daily that comes up to me and comments on it - and also questions if it's real!

L
Loki posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 7:07 AM

Hoffa does indeed have chops. He's a cool kat to boot.

Dig that tattoo kiliki. Very nice.

V

very nice, I like it

H
hewey posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 3:22 PM

sweeetikitattoo :)

B

WOW, Super color and design. Hoffa Rocks.

That's a big one!
Sea

The artwork is incredible....I agree that the fade in and out and colors are wondeful. You look maaaawvulus!!!! :)

I love it too!! I was in Home Depot just after I got it and I noticed a couple had stopped after check out and was staring at me and sort of waiting for something. I finished checking out myself and began to leave when they stopped me - they were on the phone talking to someone telling them about this tattoo - and they wanted to know if it was real. After informing them of how many hours of pain I went through I assured them it was real. As I was leaving I could hear them talking to this unknown person on the phone saying "Yes, it's real!!"

See Hoffa, you're a genius! hee hee

K
Kahu posted on Thu, Jan 18, 2007 7:08 PM

Now that is a wonderfully amazing tattoo! How do you get in touch with the artist?

beautiful piece! that is just awesome!

Pages: 1 15 replies