Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"Night at the Museum" movie has a moai

Pages: 1 13 replies

E
Erika posted on Sun, Dec 24, 2006 4:01 PM

In the movie, specimens and figures in a big natural history museum come alive at night---and one of them is an Easter Island head. Not a main character, but still fun. . . .

I want to see this movie....was it any good?

WOOHOOO! Two Thumbs! Tiki-rrific Family Movie. Good Clean Fun for Everyone.

"Dumb Dumb Want Gum Gum" :)

While we were in the theater, waiting for Night at the Museum to begin, one of those pre-movie fillers featured a commercial for the Dodge Nitro. In the ad, the suv is accidentally dropped from a crane then proceeds to fall thru the ground and all the way thru the Earth to China. At one point, the car enters a subterrarian world which is populated by Moais.

Couldn't figure that one out, but we had double the moai movie experience.

The movie was awesome and it was great to see the Moai come to life. Dumb Dumb, get me some Gum Gum!!

TK

We took my daughter to see it over christmas, the Moai was her favorite part. she has been quoting that ever since...

I saw that movie over the holidays too, and it was a hoot! I laughed my head off when I saw that Moai! Too funny! I also loved the T Rex playing "fetch". What a great flick for us history nerds! Ben Stiller is one of my favorite comedians, and it was great to see Dick Van Dyck in such fine form. This one is on my hit list to buy when it comes out!

TT

Great film. Saw it this afternoon. I couldn't find an actual screenshot, but here's a placeholder for now:

TC

Here are a bunch of articles referring to the moai in Night at the Museum:

http://rapanuinews.blogspot.com/search/label/Night%20at%20the%20Museum

Maururu,
Tiki Chris
http://rapanuinews.blogspot.com/

T

Here is a screen grab of of the gum chewing Moai from the game on their website

Only went to see the movie because the other options obviously sucked. We were pleasantly surprised to find we were watching a hilarious movie. The talking moai was perfect, but the 3 old timers stole the show(especially Mickey Rooney). Very entertaining.

T

Here's some screen shots of the Easter Island statue from "A Night At The Museum". He likes "gum gum" and calls Ben Stiller "dumb dumb". Hilarious!

T

Oops! Here they are:

Bought the DVD....love the Moai.....and the gum was pretty funny. :D

Pages: 1 13 replies