Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Island/Tiki themed restaurant in Simi Valley, CA

Pages: 1 8 replies

P

This recently opened restaurant in Simi Valley is called Coco D'Amour. I went by there this afternoon and it was closed for the night but I did speak with one of the owners who briefly showed me around. The Chef is a French executive chef who has extensively toured the islands and has themed his restaurant and food to tropical cuisine. It is billed as "A French/Island Infusion in a Tropical Atmosphere." I saw lots of African masks and palapa style thatches over each table. A few south pacific tiki masks could be seen as well and the owner said she had several tiki bowls for the bar, which begins serving cocktails as of the first of the year. This place does look like it may have some potential.

If anyone is local and manges to get there for dinner give us a report. I will try and get there myself hopefully soon.

Coco D'Amour is located at 2321 Tapo St. in Simi Valley, CA. Exit the 118 at Tapo Canyon and go south. Left on Cochrane, Right on Tapo Street (next light) and the restaurant is located toward the back of a mini mall on the right.

I

I live in Simi Valley and plan to try out this new restaurant soon. They are open evenings only and only serve beer/wine at this time. Not sure what taboo cusine is but it sounds interesting.

Hello all, I was browsing google and figured hey what the heck? Lets do a search on our restaurant name and see what comes up and to my surprise something did. I was so excited too see u guys speaking about us. To give u guys some info on us: We based the restaurant on islands of the world. Our chef is a French trained chef who has traveled the world and has run 2 resorts on the south coast of Africa. My mother, family and I decorated the restaurant with thatch, bamboo and masks from all over the world. We serve island tropical food with a French flair. Everything we make is fresh, nothing preprocessed. We make to order. We now have a full service bar. We are open Tuesday – Sunday serving lunch from 11am-2:30pm and for dinner 5pm.-10pm. On Friday and Saturdays we have live music. I really hope u guys can come down and join us. My family and I worked really hard on remodeling. We wanted to bring the vacation to our guest. I help create the desserts so hope u try those. If you have any questions on the restaurant please im me, e-mail or please come on down. We are located at 2321 #F Tapo St., Simi Valley CA. We are behind the McDonald's. The number there is (805)578-2622. Ohhh and we just started to also do champagne brunches on Saturday and Sundays. Again, I truly want to thank you guys for all the support in helping make our dreams of opening a restaurant with great food and service and a fun atmosphere come true.
Shannon

We will be there saturday night!. Thank you . TWT

I

We had a nice lunch at Coco D'Amour today. Entering the restaurant you can see a great deal of effort on the decor. Not really much of a tiki factor but very tropical indeed. Bright colored walls reminding me of Key West. Thatch covering the tiffany style hanging lamps makes a nice touch.There are lots of them. Indonesian masks mixed with lauhala, animal prints and hanging beads. No drink menu at this time, they just got their liquor license and working out the recipes. Lunch menu price start about $11.00. Nice selection of salads, ribs, sandwiches and even a burger. A must try is the Voodoo fries which are included on the sandwiches. Friendly service through out the whole meal.

Wow, what a cool joint!. The folks are over the top nice, the decor is very cool, even classy dare I say, and the food is superb!!. How can someone make carrots taste GREAT?. I had the "Bali-hai ribs" and the wife had chicken marisella or some such thing, both kicked a$$ and very reasonable pricing too. We also had the pleasure to meet isotiki and her better half, what nice folks. An amazing evening with quality folks and people. A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+

I

Thank you for the above post Erich (TWT). Coco D' Amour is indeed awesome. I tried it for lunch days earlier and dinner on Saturday night also where we met Erich and his lovely wife, Carmen for the first time. We had a short 2 minute drive but they came from Marina Del Rey. Real nice people.The tiki community is great! The bartender is new but still made me a great Mai Tai. There are so many great menu choices and it will take a while to try them all. We were greated by the owners and the chef personally delivered our meal. I had the Macadamia Mahi Mahi and my husband ordered Island Scampi Flambe, Chef Gerard assured me that even the orchid garnishes are edible so I had to try. A little crunchy and kinda weird to eat but a great new experience. I too loved the veggies. Our dessert could feed four! Try to floating Island. A souffle on a bed of caramel cream and drenched in a seductive caramel glaze and topped with optional Amaretto. Yum. I'm stopping in tomorrow for lunch and also loan them my Jeff Berry drink books. Currently there is no cocktail menu. Owners welcome suggestions and appreciate comments.

I

We had dinner again there last night. The rack of lamb was the best I've ever tried. Also Laura created a new drink called a Desperado. Vodka based and very tasty. Served in a tiki mug too. Every time I go in there something catches my eye. Special menu on Valentines Day.

Sounds like a great place...If I am in that area I will try to make it in for lunch or dinner. The international island theme sounds awesome. :tiki:

Pages: 1 8 replies