Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Proposing to Girlfriend in Maui need tips please!

Pages: 1 13 replies

oops, i think i posted in the wrong forum earlier...

Hi,

I just picked up the ring for my girlfriend and am scheming for ideas. We were actually just in Hawaii (Oahu) about 3 months ago, and wanted to go to Maui but didn't have the time. I was thinking of surprising her on a trip to Maui at the end of January and proposing to her underwater (we're avid scuba divers!) Here's what I need help with:

• Best hotel to stay at. I'm considering the Renaissance or Hyatt Regency. Any other tips?
  • Best scuba diving shop. I'd like to work with the divemaster and ask him to write up a sign and place it underwater (will you marry me?) in advance. Any recommendations?
  • Good restaurants.
  • Siteseeing tips.

Thanks guys!

At that time of the year. Whale watching is a must. Get out on one of the very small boats for the best experience.

On 2007-01-03 04:06, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
At that time of the year. Whale watching is a must. Get out on one of the very small boats for the best experience.

Thanks, can anyone recommend a scuba diving shop? Thanks

..somebody call for "tips"?? I'm here, what do you need??

On 2007-01-03 08:46, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..somebody call for "tips"?? I'm here, what do you need??

A dive shop in Maui...correction an "accomodating" dive shop see my original post

T

Can a moderator please merge this topic with the one in General Tiki that I replied to earlier?

Maybe at one of the luaus?

The Old Lahania Luau has many tikis on its site.

[ Edited by: christiki295 2007-01-06 01:46 ]

At the Sheraton, at sunset, after the torch lighting and the hula dancer.

Celebrate by dinner at Hula Grill:

http://www.hulagrill.com/gallery_hg_01.html

Note the presence of the tiki overseeing the event, just north of the bar/pool area.

she said yes! key highlights of the trip:

• had dinner at spago, humuhumu, mama's fish house, and Longhis. all great!
  • went diving with mike severens (pauline was the dive master) and proposed underwater..went off without a hitch!
  • spent some time in lahaina...galleries were cool, but didn't find ti that great
  • largely hung out at the grand waliea and took advantage of the spa and great pool/beach area.

Had a great time and we're actually going to go back again in March!

On 2007-02-05 00:33, artroodeetoo wrote:
she said yes! key highlights of the trip:

• had dinner at spago, humuhumu, mama's fish house, and Longhis. all great!
  • went diving with mike severens (pauline was the dive master) and proposed underwater..went off without a hitch!
  • spent some time in lahaina...galleries were cool, but didn't find ti that great
  • largely hung out at the grand waliea and took advantage of the spa and great pool/beach area.

Had a great time and we're actually going to go back again in March!

Congratulations! Sounds like everything went well! Good job!

ST

Sounds like a great time. My wife and I were married on the beach in Maui up in Kanapaali. Went snorkeling out at Molokini, looked like diving would be even better, but alas I'm not certified and my wife is not all that comfortable in deep (overhead) water. Had dinner at the Westin, not tiki but definitely cool (flamingos walking around the pools in the outdoor restaurant.

One of the hotels did a big sunset thing with torches and a guy diving off the cliff into the oean but its been 15 years so I have no clue which.

Road to Hana is cool and I would recommend stopping often to check out the pools and waterfalls and stuff. Warning though, the water in the pools was frickin freezing.

If there is a strong swell you may want to ask around to see of Peahi (Jaws) is breaking. Even if you don't surf it has got to be awesome to see guys riding 60 foot waves.

W
wjake posted on Mon, Apr 9, 2007 6:09 PM

Don't do it!!!! {too late...}

Congrats...and how cool is proposing underwater...nice a romantic. Pictures?

Thats such an awesome idea, very jealous. Now all I need is to find a fellow tikiphile guy that'd go through that much trouble to propose! haha

Pages: 1 13 replies