Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki & Moai Art

Pages: 1 27 replies

Hello,

I am new to Tiki Central(new at posting- but not at looking!), and thought I would post a few pics of Tiki-themed art I have created over the past year. I have had a crazy fascination with Tiki / Polynesian Pop for the past 4 or 5 years- just ask my wife! I have taken over our spare bedroom(computer office) and am slowly acclimating it to a Tiki state(already put up shelves with my mugs). Anyway, if you get a chance, please take a look, and I would be grateful to hear any feedback.
The art is a mix of different styles..... I also have a lot more if anyone is interested......

Thanks Again!

p.s. All images are copyrighted - most of these have been purchased by clients.

C
croe67 posted on Thu, Jan 4, 2007 6:28 PM

Welcome to TC!!! Love the bright, fun colors, designs & the unique style - love that Moai with the pink flowers! Ho are you creating them - paint?

Love the second the second print...Is that bought?? Maholla Back!

Thank you for the friendly welcome!
These are all digital images created in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

FreddieBallsomic-

-Thanks for the kind words!
No- The "Tiki Totem Pole" print has not been sold, I just completed it a few days ago!

Just a side note- these pics are low-resolution and a bit fuzzy.
The actual art is sharp & crisp in detail......

C

Man, those are super fun! Will you be making prints?

Cherokee-

Thank you so much!
Yes, I will have prints available and will post details tomorrow. The only ones which would not be available would be the Blue Moai and the Tiki face with the texture- these are sold. However, I can create variations of these if there is interest!

Thanks again!

those are great!! I love Illustrator and Photoshop! such amazing programs

hala_kahiki-Thanks!

Yes- great software. I have been working with both Illustrator & Photoshop for more than 14 years, so I have had a lot of practice with it!!! I illustrate a lot of non-tiki topics as well, but of course my favorite subject matter is tiki!

Just for fun, here's a few more pics I thought I would toss out there before I head for bed.....

T

South Beach Tiki Art !!!!! Get a tan sell some art !!!!!

On 2007-01-04 21:35, KU-KU for Tiki wrote:
hala_kahiki-Thanks!

Yes- great software. I have been working with both Illustrator & Photoshop for more than 14 years, so I have had a lot of practice with it!!! I illustrate a lot of non-tiki topics as well, but of course my favorite subject matter is tiki!

that's awesome! I've only used them for a few years, there's so much to learn! are you a graphic designer? I'm trying to get into that program at my school...

anyways, awesome stuff!! I've tried making tikis in Illustrator before, they came out ok..yours are awesome! :)

F

I really like the skulls of you first design. Nice gradient blends on the images. Those stacked Tiki Totems in the second print are prety cool too.

visit us at http://www.frostiki.com

[ Edited by: frostiki 2007-01-05 09:05 ]

hala_kahiki- Thanks!

I have worked as a graphic designer in multimedia and marketing dept., but now my "desk job" is Art Director/Content Director for a global media company. After directing, reviewing, & critiquing the work of many artists and photographers, I decided to try my hand at illustrating!
My focus in school was commercial art/graphic design, and I took several computer graphics(Macintosh) classes which really got me hooked on illustrating digitally.
Adobe Illustrator is a great drawing program. The pen tool is what I use the most- I use it to draw out all the shapes and then fill in with color. It's takes a while to get the hang of the tool- but once you do, you'll love it!

frostiki- Thank you very much!

I really wasn't expecting feedback from anyone at all on my art- so I am overjoyed with the response!

On 2007-01-05 08:56, KU-KU for Tiki wrote:
hala_kahiki- Thanks!

I have worked as a graphic designer in multimedia and marketing dept., but now my "desk job" is Art Director/Content Director for a global media company. After directing, reviewing, & critiquing the work of many artists and photographers, I decided to try my hand at illustrating!
My focus in school was commercial art/graphic design, and I took several computer graphics(Macintosh) classes which really got me hooked on illustrating digitally.
Adobe Illustrator is a great drawing program. The pen tool is what I use the most- I use it to draw out all the shapes and then fill in with color. It's takes a while to get the hang of the tool- but once you do, you'll love it!

Oh wow, Art Director! that's awesome!
If I get into the graphic design program at school, I'll be taking all those courses! The pen tool definately takes a while to get the hang of haha..I'm still confused by it a lot.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 5, 2007 3:54 PM

Nice work mate, Particularly like the first one

Thank you very much!
I appreciate it!

C

Nice things KuKu...and it's great that there are so many different "favorites."
Here's my two cents worth...I really dig the pool Moai!

Thanks Congatiki!

Here's another I have been playing around with...
...titled "Taste Like Chicken" : )

Love your art! The one you just posted, "Taste Like Chicken," is my personal favorite so far.

OMG....I really love these!!! You are certainly a talent in the creation of the characters and the colors are wonderful. I just bought photoshop, but have only edited some pictures...it is not a very intuitive, so I can only hope to learn some of the basics, but don't ever imagine I could get to your level of talent. I am so glad you posted these, it is inspiring. :)

Thank you very much for the kind words everyone!
Here's another pic I finished up last night.....Moai Fire....
(again- the actual pic is crisp & sharp- this is a bit fuzzy)

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for the response VampiressRN!
Photoshop is a fun program with a lot of powerful tools built in to it! You can create some amazing effects! I mostly work in Adobe illustrator and use Photoshop to add texture or make the color richer.

Here's a couple more.....digging through files and came across these...

Thanks!

....and another...

I've been playing around with this... not sure about the mouth yet- still tweaking.....
might need more hilights & shadows?
I call this Drinky Tiki

Hi,

here's an illustration with the Tiki Central logo(well, at least somewhat similar to the TC logo).
I saw the thread from Hewey about "free downloadable prints" and thought I would try to make something! (It's an EPS file, so the final print is very clean and crisp)
Any comments? reactions?
thanks!!!!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 26, 2007 5:40 PM

The TC print is cool man :) I want one!

Thanks Hewey! Glad you like it!

Pages: 1 27 replies