Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Smokin Menehunes this Friday (1/19/07) at the Catalina Fish Kitchen

Pages: 1 20 replies

I wanted to remind everyone that a great way to start the new year off is to enjoy some good food, great music and friends at the Catalina Fish Kitchen... Every Friday night (unless otherwise posted) at around 6:30pm til 9:15pm the Smokin' Menehunes play a FREE show for all to enjoy! The food at the Kitchen is great (and moderatley priced. It is truly a family atmosphere and there are always surprise guests hopping up on stage. Bring your uke and join in!

I think the Smokin' Menehunes are quickly becoming one of the hardest working local bands in our "tiki community". It's bands like this that can use our support. Come out and enjoy!

Catalina Fish Kitchen is located in Huntington Beach on Magnolia just south of Garfield. It's about 1.5 miles south of the 405.

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-01-11 18:18 ]

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-01-16 12:42 ]

T

Cool...I hope to see you down there this week.

What happens after 9:15?

On 2007-01-05 10:56, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
What happens after 9:15?

If you show up, you'll see!!!!!!!

at 9:15 TikiBong and Lucas perform a slow striptease while Soccertiki ( in a hibiscus print Speedo) passes a hat. I recommend you come down here at least once to see this Remarkable Performance (after their 7-9 Remarkable Performance!)

Once again,The Smokin Menehunes were on fire Friday Night at The Catalina Fish Kitchen. Along with their Tiki, they took us a musical journey to the South Pacific.

Everyone joined in and sang Happy 99th Birthday to Bill Tapia

I hope I can be as young as Bill when I'm 99

If it wasn't for these three our Firday Nights wouldn't be complete

As usual the mike was open to everyone

Bong wanted me to remind everyone that the Hardest-Working Hapa Haole/Hawiiana/Tiki Band in Southern California is playing FREE this Friday (1/12) for everyone's enjoyment!!! Come out to the Catalina Fish Kitchen and have some great food, music and fun!!! 6:30-9:15pm in Huntington Beach.....

Mrs. Lurker and I will be there!

On 2007-01-11 19:01, Hinano_Paul wrote:
Mrs. Lurker and I will be there!

You better let out a Giant WOOOHOOO for me tonight. SoccerTiki and I will be there next week FOR SURE!!!

S
squid posted on Fri, Jan 12, 2007 5:18 PM

Dammit! I'm jealous of you guys! Have fun tonight!

The squids shall return...

WooHoo and Happy New Year to Everyone!!! MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS: Tiki-Tina and Bamboo Boyd, from Phoenix, are coming out the weekend of January 26th. It's Tiki-Tina's B-Day that weekend and we are planning on going to The Catalina Fish Kitchen to watch the Smokin Menehunes. If your not busy come on by!! ~ WooHooWahine

P.S. It's also King Kukulele's Tiki Taix that night. We will be going there too after The Smokin Menehunes.

This just in!!! Pat and Bill will be in Hawaii on the 26th, so the Smokin Menehunes will NOT be performing at the Catalina Fish Kitchen on 1/26....They will however be there this Friday!!!!

On 2007-01-15 12:02, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooHoo and Happy New Year to Everyone!!! MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS: Tiki-Tina and Bamboo Boyd, from Phoenix, are coming out the weekend of January 26th. It's Tiki-Tina's B-Day that weekend and we are planning on going to The Catalina Fish Kitchen to watch the Smokin Menehunes. If your not busy come on by!! ~ WooHooWahine

P.S. It's also King Kukulele's Tiki Taix that night. We will be going there too after The Smokin Menehunes.

Since the Smokin' Menehunes won't be playing that weekend (1/26) we should think about going to Tiki Ti before Tiki Taix and maybe Damon's for dinner first?

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-01-16 13:09 ]

On 2007-01-12 17:18, squid wrote:
Dammit! I'm jealous of you guys! Have fun tonight!

The squids shall return...

How about THIS Friday 1/19)????????

I can guarantee GROG won't be there....
There was a tragic shooting on the Tonga Hut thread....

Is it Friday yet?????????????

it is here!!

WooHooWahine and I will be there for some fine grub and cool tunes this Friday! Has anyone ever mentioned that they play for FREE???? (We always find a few loose bills to stuff in their tip-jar though!)

HipHipahula!!.... Sounds fun! I might be there late, traffic & all will you all still be there for that strip tease!

BTW? Kinny??....... WHO SHOT GROG!? I must go see...

WOOOHOO! It's FINALLY Friday!!! Hope to see everyone tonight :)

The Fun Continues...........

Bill Tapia and his "RED SUEDE" Shoes

Samantha and Bill treated us with 2 Duets

Little Lost Tiki is this you???? :wink:

Pages: 1 20 replies