Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki-ish dog houses

Pages: 1 4 replies

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jan 9, 2007 6:47 PM

Im about to tiki-fy a dog house I got off a mate for my new pup, so Im looking around for images for inpsiration. Thought I would share some pics Ive found.

From our very own Von-tiki

This has a cool driftwood shack vibe, just decorate with some more vintage oceanic bits.

Grass hut anyone? Just get BK to make you up some weapons to hang on the wall :)

Not tiki, but with some tropical plants and some mini fishing float lamps who knows.

A few mods could turn this into a funky A-frame hut!

Has a wooden packing crate kind of feel

Those are great. Right now I have the Evil Twins (Kato & MiMi) keeping each other warm in a plastic igloo house. They are getting big, so will probably have to expand. As soon as I get my backyard back from the control of the twins, I need to tiki up the place and your crafty ideas will come in handy...thanks for posting the pictures. :)

Hewey, there is a great book called "Pads for Pets" that has a few step by step tiki themed dog houses, one shown on the cover:

If I remember correctly there is a polynesian themed a-frame as well. The book is out of print but you should be able to find one on eBay or Amazon

They also have "Kitty Litter Island"

the instructions to make the kitty island is here

Here's a few also,

I've always wanted to do more Tiki Pet Huts but the Tiki Human Huts keep getting in the way!!!

V

Thanks hewey! Daisey loves her tiki hut sooo much!!! She's got to be the laziest dawg ever, except when it comes to walk time or breakfast and dinner, then she gets fired up!!

[ Edited by: VonTiki 2007-01-15 22:16 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies