Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Name My New Car.

Pages: 1 35 replies

I just bought a new Honda Element. It's a groovy metalic tangerine orange and would like to get a vanity plate. I was thinking it would be cool to have the plate be something tiki-related or something dealing with the color. Any input would be cool!

This is a picture of my new ride.

So far I've got "Lil Navel"

J

Oooooooh....I like that...it looks good on the license. :tiki:

It should say CHEEKYGIRL!!!

I did try going on the DMV site, but they already had variations of CheekyGirl. Other variations came out looking like Chunky Girl.

Hum...they also have those symbols the star, heart and hand. I woke up this morning thinking Star-Kissed.

The tikitang should be reversed to read "TIKITANG".

MT

How about this:

Good ol' Jolly Olly Orange!

A

"Crush""hotlava"

Kandy-kolored Tangerine-flake Streamlined Baby

This is cool! Thanks!

"LMNTIKI" Elementiki
Get it? :)

Signature? I ain't signin nothin!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-01-11 14:00 ]

On 2007-01-11 13:59, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
"LMNTIKI" Elementiki
Get it? :)
Naaa. Now it looks like lemontiki. nevermind

Signature? I ain't signin nothin!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-01-11 14:00 ]

T

Pumpkin Spice

M
Murph posted on Thu, Jan 11, 2007 4:29 PM

OMG....I can't believe it's "Jolly Olly Orange" and all these years, I thought it was "Orange Orange".

I am running out of memory....so this is one of my memory tests....name the 7 Funny Faced drinks?

Jolly Olly Orange (now!!!)
Lefty Lemon
Loudmouth Lime
Rootin Tootin Rootbeer
Choo Choo Cherry
Goofy Grape
Freckle Faced Strawberry

Is the list right (I am not googling....it would feel like cheatin')?

O

Cheeky Tiki

MT

You got 'em almost all right, Vampiress. The one you missed was Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry, instead of Rootbeer - although they later did add a Rah Rah Rootbeer in a large pack.

Here are the classic ones I think of when I think of Funny Face:
Choo Choo Cherry

Freckle Face Strawberry

Goofy Grape

Jolly Olly Orange

Lefty Lemon

Loud-Mouth Lime

Rootin'-Tootin' Raspberry

They kind of changed the names around, and added more flavors as the years went on, such as Captain Black Cherry, Lefty Lemon-Lime, Loud Mouth Punch, Chilly Cherry Cola, etc. You can find pics of all of these here.

And of course there were some politically incorrect funny face flavors as well.

It's hard to believe they could actually sell flavors like that! Anyways, sorry to hijack this thread - back to naming CheekyGirl's car. I'm changing my vote to Injun Orange!!! (joke! - that's a joke folks).

Oh bless you for posting those. I knew there must have been some changes along the way. Now I gotta memorize the names all over....this could take a while. :D

Cheeky....sorry for highjacking your thread for the Funny Faced drinks....but it is a recurring brain squeeze for me and now I have to rearrange my whole life due to the new names. Eeeegads. :roll:

Back to the regularly scheduled "name my car". :)

M

"Lil Toaster"

J

CURACAO

Great ideas...I've been kickin' around a few...some of which are lame:

ORNG BOX
NELZ BOX
TKLD ORNG (too many letters, but I liked the idea Tickled Pink)
2ORNG4U
NELZ BOX
SITIKIDE (too many letters once again, but it supposed to be "Tiki inside, get it"

MT

Don't forget to try to use those new-fangled symbols that the DMV will now allow, like a heart, star, etc.

Nlvamnt (Nelva + element)
Tanggrl (Tangerine girl)
Tangler (I dont know what this means it just sounded cool)
iphone (well everybody else is using it)

Neat color Nelvz!

I thought you could only have 7 characters, so here are my lame names.....

ORNGTKI
TANGERN
ORNGCRT
ORANJA

My girlriend Kaula Tiki came up with a new one the other day:

JUICEBX

And to put around the license plate:

"The Juice is worth the Squeeze"

Thanks for all the great ideas...this is lots of fun...

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-01-14 15:36 ]

J

TIKIRIFC

Boy, a lot of the names have already been taken. I think I do need to incorporate some of the symbols.

On 2007-01-12 17:48, CheekyGirl wrote:
Great ideas...I've been kickin' around a few...some of which are lame:

ORNG BOX
NELZ BOX
TKLD ORNG (too many letters, but I liked the idea Tickled Pink)
2ORNG4U
NELZ BOX
SITIKIDE (too many letters once again, but it supposed to be "Tiki inside, get it"

Nelz Box, eh? Heh heh. Wink wink! Sorry!

How 'bout RNG CAR. No. Too duh. Heart (symbol)-ON? No. Yer a gerl. NOSCRVY? (no Scurvy, ya know, like on a pirate ship, you needed citrus...um.) no. I'll get back to ya.

MT

How about anything with the word "TANG" in it?

You know, astronauts get all the TANG they can handle!

Tang U
IM ORNG
ORUNJE
TANGY

F
foamy posted on Sat, Jan 20, 2007 5:36 AM

I think cars name themselves. You're gonna have to drive it for a while. It'll come to you. Maybe.

Cars have thier own personalities. Unfortunately, Japanese cars are fairly souless and lacking personality (until they get old). The price you pay for reliability.

I bought a Nissan once. Great car. Fun to drive. Never gave me a problem and it never got named.

However, if you are determined to name it before knowing if it has any quirks—(cue up the Jefferson Airplane) how about "Plastic Fantastic?"

[ Edited by: foamy 2007-01-20 06:01 ]

Really tried to get JuiceBx, but it was already taken. I ended up ordering:

OJ BOX

Mahalo!

NABISCO

Congrats on the car name....that is cute. :)

As many of you know, I've been driving around with no plate for almost a year. I procrastinated as I hate the DMV, so when I finally went to pick up the plate, I was informed by the DMV that they destroyed the plate "OJ BOX". I had to choose another plate on the fly....so almost a year later the plate on my car is:

MAITAI4

I'm a lot happier with this plate. It fits the car, I guess just like naming a baby, sometimes you've just got to wait...

Coincidentally, today is the 1 year anniversary of driving my orange monster off the lot.

Congrats on the name. I know what you mean about the DMV...disorganized chaos with long wait times. I too had a personal license plate made for my little electric car and procrastinated, but picked it up minutes before getting tossed in the destroy bin. Mine says "VAMPTKI" so now I am going to decal that baby up. Wanted to get a custom paint job but couldn't afford it.

So, after a year of driving your car, how do you like it? They look so utilitarian...bet it comes in handy for hauling tikis and such. Does it get good gas mileage? Got spinners...air shocks?...JKG. :)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OJ BOX :tiki:

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-01-08 16:47 ]

Pages: 1 35 replies