Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

recent NYC TIKI crawls+pics

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

MC

Hey Inky,
I'm following your lead. Let's get the gang together.
Can we hit Otto's shrunken Head and waikiki wally's? purty pleez?
MC
Who's in for da tiki?

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-01-30 16:50 ]

I am all over that! Lets do it!

Maybe if we got the energy we can hit Zombie Hut too!?! + Russell's got a new pad, and he's working on his new bar this weekend, maybe there can be a stop there too...

S

Count me in! Oh wait. Dang! I'm there the week before!

Can we do it twice?!?

Aloha,

Arty

STEN - I'm up for some tiki time on that friday, 17th.

Hope you guys had a great trip, can't wait to see photos!

Attn: all other NYC centralites...we have 2 dates in one month! To use a catch phrase coined by a local mega-gym "No excuses!"

MC

17-18th is great for me also. I hope some new tiki freaks show up! Where's your new tiki pad. Inky? I'll also be hanging at Ottos and WW tomorrow if any Tiki Kids want to say hi.

S

Hey Inks and Cat!

Any way we can do this on Saturday, January 18? I'm afraid that my early morning schedule on Saturday will prevent me from fully enjoying your company on Friday, January 17.

Lemmie know whatcha think.

Aloha,

Arty

P.S. Love that Russell holiday card!

Saturday is cool for me!

We shall see you then! If the lumber gods mile on us, the new Inky's Tiki Bar will be up and running and ready to be broken in!

S

Awesome!

Rally the troops.

Can you dig it, New York?

"Warriors, come out and play!"

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-01-11 14:00 ]

Hey Arty e' Tina,
Did you's find any Leeteg's?????
Relaxing?????
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!
New gods???
Score!!!!

No Leetegs floated ashore, unfortunately but of course we had a great time. Lot's of tiki, food, drink, and sleep! I think I gained about 40 lbs!

I'll post a few pix when I get the chance.

Aloha,

Arty

Hey gang,

Looks like it may be a small but mighty gathering of the NY Tribe. Should we plan for dinner again at Wally's? What time is good? 8 or 9 pm?

Aloha,

Arty

I was thinking we could kick off at Inky and Russell's new Tiki pad first then mosey downtown. I wish I could figure how to go to one of these places in Staten Island or NJ but the whole driving thing adds a complication to the libations!

Wallys will have to do.

Anybody else out there want to meet up? All you NY area posters, roll call!

one more thing....

Manic-is there anything special going on at otto's sat? We should definatly schedule that in after Wally's!

T

hey guys
Steve from Otto's here.
Dj WAKE-N-BAKE DAVE is Djing on the 18th. He's a former Texas DJ who spins all manner of southern deep fried rock and punk.
NOTE:Fisherman w/ Brian formerly of Frenchy is playing every monday here starting the 20th.
Check him out if you've never. They're an instrumental combo feat Vibes, Upright bass and drums.
hope to see y'all on the 18th

MC

I've seen Fisherman and he's wonderful! in addition to being a sweet person.
Don't worry Steve--we'll be stopping by! i love your place.
(Plus, I have some mugs I want to give as a present because your window display seems to be growing.)
I also have this love/hate relationship with the Playboy Pin Ball which keeps me always coming back for more.

S

Oh yes, Otto's is a must!

Looking forward to the "Wake 'n Bake" and seeing you again, Steve and the rest of the usual suspects.

Aloha,

Arty

MC

I stopped in at WW last Saturday and unless I was having dinner, they wouldn't let me sit at the table. The bar was full so I had to stand with Ben and my sister. So, I suggest going to WW later at night when dinner is over and Cheng is more fucked-up, oh excuse me, generous and could serve us free drinks, and we can do whatever we please.
SO, WHAT NEWCOMERS ARE GOING TO VENTURE OUT WITH US ON SATuRDAY??
Don't be scared...we are just internet tiki geeks, just like you :)

i made a reservation at Wally's for 9:30 before, is that ok to keep?

S

Inky & Cat,

I'll go with whatever you decide. I must be gettin' old but I may need to eat something beforehand to soak up all that rum! Shall I bring some pupus for us share at the new "Ink Pad?" Any recommendations?

pupus will be served, don't say it's your age, I like to say I have blood sugar issues!

T

Beware! the Playboy machine has claimed more than her fair share of souls
steve
send me your e-mails if you guys want to be on our weekly "schedule of events" mailing

T

Beware! the Playboy machine has claimed more than her fair share of souls
steve
send me your e-mails if you guys want to be on our weekly "schedule of events" mailing

S

Yes, low blood sugar and Playboy pinball machines will steal your soul!

MC

We are finally freed from the the Main Discussion Forum!!
"Look at all the trouble I've caused! If we go to Chan's will we have time to hit Wally's and Otto's? Here's a thought. I have 2 nights. How about dinner at Chan's on Friday (mellow, early night) and then the pubcrawl Saturday. Just a thought. Not like I have a life or anything! Hey shouldn't this be on another thread?!? Sorry!
Aloha, Arty"

I don't do mellow. see you on Saturday. Put on your best Hawaiian eating and drinking shirt because we have time for Jersey AND Manhattan. We're not crawling on a West Coast pace, brother. Remember what city you'll be in... If not, I'm gonna make you go to Brooklyn, Staten Island, and the Bronx too!

S

Hey Cat,

I guess I better strap on the helmet for Saturday. I forgot who I was dealin' with --the NYC chapter President!

Get ready Inky and make sure Russel is there to bail us out!

EEEiiiiKKKSS! I liked the sound of separating mellow night and frantic night....but I can go both ways.

Maniac and I should work out the logistics then we'll post some sort of itenerary.

If we are going out to Jersey, I would expect maybe some of the suburban Centralites may join us?!?!?

S

No matter what we do, I definitely wanna make it to Otto's. I'm not sure Jersey is in the cards for us on Saturday, but don't listen to me 'cuz I don't know the area. Anyhoo, like I said, I got 2 nights...actually 3 if you count Thursday (definitely MELLOW NIGHT!).

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-01-14 20:25 ]

nah, nah--I'm not against the mellow vibe, just pulling your leg--what I'm saying is that Jersey is definately doable (Inky and I are working on the transportation) in addition to Otto's and Inky's.
What do you guys think then--meet at Inky's early evening, go to Chan's for drinks and dinner (transportation details to follow) and then return to Ottos to finish off the night.

On Fri night, I am going to see a traditional Ukrainian music performance.
(I am a geek on so many levels.) Then in regards to WW or Zombie Hut, I might be able to drop by one of these joints for a chill drink after my thing on Friday.

PS No helmet is needed. But pack warm clothes--it's been cold here in the city!

get it stright, Uncle Arty
you and Russell are chapter co-presidents
Inky and I are co-vice presidents

how can we recruit a treasurer to manage the finances for our tiki escapades?

The schedule for Saturday sounds great. I will plan to meet you at the "Ink Pad" at 8 pm and we'll go from there.

As for Friday, I could like pop by for a quick one (or two) if it's not too late. I have an early day and all day interviews on Saturday. What time were you thinking?

Okay, here it goes.....

We will meet at the "Ink Pad" at 8pm. (Sten-I love the title!)

Then we are going to catch a #166 bus at Port Authority, probably around 9:15 or 9:45...Chan's is open til 1 but stops cooking at 11pm.

Then, Scotty's car service will drive us back for 40 clams! Depending on our level of "stand-up-straightness"-we should hit Otto's!

Are you ready, Kids?!?!?

I'm ready. Bring it on!

I also gotta make my trek to Wally's, so anybody up for a nightcap there?

My last interview ends around 9 pm so I will be there around 10 pm.

Anyone? Anyone?

I've been following this thread even though I'm not going to NYC in the near future. But boy, this sounds like fun. Wish I could be there!

BTW Arty - remember, you are there for work. Don't cut that last interview short so you can go drinking! If you're like me, when I'm out on business travel, I spend most of my "work" day putting my tiki itinerary together for afterwards. Sometimes, I forget that I'm where I am because my employer sent me!

Have fun and don't forget to hoist a Mai Tai for me!

S

Will do, Popster!

Kinda wish you were going. We have an opening for treasurer in the NYC chapter!

Aloha,

Arty

MC

great job getting the schedule together! I'm looking forward to our jersey quest for tiki. does that mean our badges are going to have to say NY-NJ chapter, or Tri-state chapter?
Arty, I live a few blocks from WW so I'll definately stop by for a Wally's Downfall on Fri night., 10pm.

CALLING ALL CENTRALITES: OPEN INVITE TO JOIN OUR PURSUIT OF
THE TIKI SPIRIT!!!
come out with us this fri. or sat! we're friendly! and the love for tiki will bind us eternally! :)

S

Excellent!

Friday at 10 pm and Saturday we're on!

Aloha,

Arty

S

Yikes!!! I just looked at the weather forecast -- 25 degrees with -10 windchill!!!

Ouch!

Better take my winter Shag Aloha Shirt!

It is cold, but nothing that a couple of "Dr. Funk's" can't cure!

I'm gonna try to make it for a quicky on Friday. See ya'll then!

H

Okay, just got back from being out of town for a week, so I haven't had a chance to look closely at the details here yet. I'll be in NYC from midday Sat 1/25 thru midday Wed 1/29. I'll definitely be up for something Monday the 27th, but since I'm on a work trip, I won't be able to get into the city until I'm guessing 7ish at the earliest. I'm still looking for stuff to do Sat night & all day Sunday.

Whew! Looking forward to it! Can't wait to meet some TCers.

S

Here's some pix from the NYC pubcrawls past for those who might need a point of reference.

Manic Cat, La La, Arty & Inky @ Zombie Hut - NYC Pubcrawl I

Arty, Manic Cat, Inky, & Ben - NYC Pubcrawl II

Steve, Inky & Arty @ Otto's Shrunken Head - NYC Pubcrawl II

See you this weekend!

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-01-15 21:31 ]

S

Just posted info in the Jersey thread- check over there.

Also Mike and I are trying to figure out whether or not we could come up from MD...

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I think Saturday is your day!!!! You should definatly try to come up to Chan's!!!! LEt us know what you decide. I'll expand our reservation!

[ Edited by: Lance Samason 2007-07-06 15:14 ]

Hey gang,

On a break between interviews.

Sabina, thanks for the info. Hope we see you. Inky & Cat did you see that Jersey thread? Could be dangerous!

Let's talk tonight at Wally's. I'll probably be there by 9:30 pm.

Aloha,

Arty

So excited!

The NYC Pub Crawl Week is upon us!

Humuhumu, you will be next! We haven't focused beyond the plans for this weekend, but as soon as the "Fog" is "Cutter"-ed then we can move on to Monday!

To bad didn't work out to be the same weekend! But we don't need an excuse....

S

Sorry folks- didn't mean to get any hopes up-looks like Mike and I are stuck down here for the day. Guess we'll just have to come up and meet another time.

Next weekend is also out for us due to the South Pacific gathering here in DC.

But sooner or later....

'Til then, lift a Mai Tai to absent friends, and we'll do the same.

Have a GREAT crawl!

MC

That's too bad. We had a great night to start the weekend at Waikiki wally's. I'm sure pics are to follow. Hopefully, the NYCchapter could come down to DC some time. I've been to Politiki and had a wild time.

What fun!

Last night at Chan's was great! It was worth the trip, a true Tiki/Soprano experience!

The place was great, food yummy (Manic-"Pickles!") and staff was really amusing and gracious! Old School.

But best of all was hanging with the NYC crew, what a bunch! Ben can play Uke! He can resist, but he is one of us!

"All hail our Co-hunas!!!"

We'll start recruitment some other day....
Inky

Pages: 1 2 61 replies