Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Massive tiki bar pic

Pages: 1 11 replies

C

picture taken at the 2006 San Francisco Hot Rod, Custom and Bike show. This area was the Road Zombies club display. They were serving cocktails during the wee hours of the show. The tiki is for rent. Will post the phone number when I dig it out of my notes.

p.s. The Road Zombies cruise in some bitchin rides.

That's Nacho's bar I believe. He's a TCer. He created a few versions of the bar. He's a local Northern CA artist.

K

Yep, that's my homey Nacho's all right. We surrounded it with our cars as our display for the Cow Palace's Rod and Custom show. Unloaded that big bastard at 1 in the morning last night. Definitely worth it because of all the fun we had with it all weekend!

Nacho also repainted and pinstriped my car just before the Cow Palace show:

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jan 15, 2007 1:16 PM

Kahaka Ive always loved that bar, but wondered how the hell you move it around... :)

OMG!!!! I fell out of my chair.....that is utterly fantastic. What a fabulous little conversation piece. :D How much does that weigh...it looks too massive and heavy for human backs to strain over. The cars are great too...thanks fo the pix. :)

K

That bar is pretty heavy... the more people to move it the better, but we've done it with as few as 4 with furniture dollies.

Here's the old bar on the trailer that we use to transport the bars. That's Nacho in the pic.

Nice ride Kahaka. Sorry I missed the show.
Aloha,
:tiki:

MT

Oh man, the rod show was this past weekend? I thought it was this coming weekend, and I really wanted to go. DOHHHHHH!!! Oh well, there's always next year.

Yeah, they had Nacho's bar at Forbidden Island's Super Sunday backyard sale (pics for that event start here). It is about as tall as the apartment building next door to F.I.! It was quite an amazing feat to see them get it out of the back yard and onto the road. Here are a couple of pics, I think JenTiki took them:

Here's another great shot of Nacho's bar in use, I think from Viva Las Vegas:

J

Just want everyone to be clear that I only took the first two pics in the previous post! So no need to start any new rumors, gang!
:)

T

I have to say that I really like the picture at the "bottom". Don't know what it is but there is something about it that brings out the true beauty of tiki, that tiki. And yes, you can start those rumors about me if you want :)

T

Wide Load!!!

Pages: 1 11 replies