Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

2003-2004 Mugs

Pages: 1 5 replies

GT

I have not created some art in a long time but maybe I should make some new stuff what ya! think? I'll launch off something cool and new for modern tiki and for myself, for all of you to enjoy, by limited edition, see ya soon!

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-01-15 20:21 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-01-15 20:27 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-01-15 20:35 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-01-16 18:15 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-01-16 18:17 ]

Si Senor!
Yes!

T

I was checking those out at Ooga Mooga and I would have to say that I like the green semi twins. Are those based off another mug?, I know that the last one is off a Spencer's Gifts mug.

GT

Hi TeaKey, The green mugs are my own design, I made 15 total, after I made the first tiki, I made a slip mold out of plaster, so I was able to make multiable mugs of the same original, The last one (bamboo) tall mug/or vase was also done by me in the same fashion. It's a very time consuming process but fun, I'll make some real cool stuff soon, These mugs are so-so for sure, made between 2003 - 2004, since I have honed my skills a little bit more, I should be able and have the means to make some good quality stuff, I'll probably just e-bay my new stuff as most artist do lately for starting at $10.00 which is really cheap for all the labor that goes into making mugs that are not farmed out mas produced style. Aloha! Gogo

Nice work making your own mugs gotiki. It's always expected that as an artist or craftsmen that you cite your sources when you outright copy someone's design. Otherwise it makes you appear to be taking credit for their design whether or not that was your intent, you would also want to be careful of selling items made from molds of others designs.

ST

GT

Your Right SneakyTiki, I explain which mugs are my own creations and mugs made from vintage molds I have aquired along the years, on my Ooga-Mooga tiki mug collection page, I do agree, Not wise also to sell mugs made or copied from other artist work for sure, as I wouldn't want people to copy my work and sell it as their own, Aloha! Gogo

Pages: 1 5 replies