Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Taboo: The Art of Tiki

Pages: 1 4 replies

In the last couple of days there has been a huge influx of this valued book offered for sale on ebay. Are knock-offs being printed?

You can still get them from Outre Gallery, the publisher, Martin has about a hundred left. He told me that recently he got several orders of 4-6 books, which smells like e-bay sellers, so he raised the price to 64.- bucks, which is much better than THIS:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0646377310/sr=1-1/qid=1169158073/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_1/102-9595607-6820927?ie=UTF8&s=books

The whole Amazon.com overpricing stems from the fact that Otto v. Stroheim put up one of his (limited edition) Hardcover versions, with signatures by Mark Ryden and Shag and others, for 750.- bucks, and a bunch of book dealers, without reading the description, got dollar signs in their eyes and thought they had a "rare" book in their inventory. Wonder if anyone of them ever sold one of those 600.- Dollar copies...ridiculous!

Thanks bigbro for your info. You are right on target and I did contact Martin at Outre for the real deal.

Thanks for the info bigbro....I just ordered my book from Outre. :)

P

I picked one up at Borders here in NZ (Christcrch store) for about $60(NZ) a couple of months ago. They still have the softcover BoT in stock too!

Pages: 1 4 replies