Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Wind Blown Tikis

Pages: 1 9 replies

The winds got heavy enough to dump a few guys into the drink!

I thought it was poignant; sums up my thoughts on Winter's dreariness:

There’s a certain slant of light,
On winter afternoons,
That oppresses, like the weight
Of cathedral tunes.

Heavenly hurt it gives us;
We can find no scar,
But internal difference
Where the meanings are.

None may teach it anything,
’T is the seal, despair,—
An imperial affliction
Sent us of the air.

When it comes, the landscape listens,
Shadows hold their breath;
When it goes, ’t is like the distance
On the look of death.

Emily Dickinson

May not apply here but Vontiki carved us the most wonderful Tiki Bob. We drove to Ventura and picked up up. He protected it for us with bubble wrap, it was 3 feet tall and fit into our trunk. We then went on to Las Vegas for a vacation. The tiki was of newely carved palm tree and wrapped up it began to sweat. A week later we dropped it off at home in our garage and left for another tiki road trip. Back home 10 days later we went to unwrap our Tiki Bob and found that it had been eaten by mold to the extent it was mushy. We had nothing left to save and it went to land fill.

Good luck with saving your tikis, Wendy

Oh yea, the tikis are fine! They dried out in the wind and are awaiting the warmth of the sun in the garage! Actually, it's not the first time Pele's been in the pool. Our boxer we used to have used to love humping it and knocking it into the pool!
BUMMER about your tiki! How tragic!!

[ Edited by: hau 'oli tiki 2007-01-17 13:45 ]

Good thing they float! :wink:

8T

That doesn't look like winter to me (unless that is ice not water) It just looks like your tikis enjoy a swim now and then. They probably just couldn't get out before you caught them. Teach them to clean the floaters out after they dive in. :lol:

A

I agree. They probably had a few mai tais, stumbled around dancing, and then fell in the pool and passed out. Fish 'em out and give them some coffee.

You're preaching to the choir, at least the fence broke the fall.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 17, 2007 6:21 PM

Driftwood tikis :)

J

Skinny dipping tikis. No wonder they had such grins.

No kidding.....and maybe they were having some kinky watersports thang!!! Perhaps you busted them just in time. Good thing they learned to swim when they were wee lil pendants. :)

Pages: 1 9 replies