Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

The Bowling Moai Brothers Debuting Sunday August 5th at Mugoomba!

Pages: 1 19 replies

A tribute to the bygone glory days of the Tiki inspired bowling alleys of yesteryear... Kona Lanes, Java Lanes (where I hung out w/mom as a kid on Sunday mornings) and all of the many other defunct and long gone locales across the US, we proudly bring you a sneak peak (colored in by me - sorry Sam, I know you coulda done it a lot better but I had a half hour break in the day) of Maury, one of our 2 forthcoming mugs designed by Sam Gambino...

(Comes complete with a bowling pin handle and is accompanied by his long time bowling companion and brother, Mort)

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-02-07 15:05 ]

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-07-27 14:18 ]

T

Sunday Morning ... Father Paul was always wondering where you were.

Strike!!!! :tiki:

On 2007-01-18 17:15, MakeDaMug wrote:
(colored in by me - sorry Sam, I know you coulda done it a lot better but I had a half hour break in the day)

Hey Holden- I'm digging the colors... Makes me want to trade my shoes in at the counter and get a cool pair of 3-toned leather shoes to wear for the next couple of hours. :wink:

B

Super, Way to go Sam and Holden, UGLY Mug! :)

On 2007-01-19 10:32, Benzart wrote:

You think Maury's ugly... wait 'til you see Mort (aka "Mort the Wart")!!

On 2007-01-19 14:37, MakeDaMug wrote:

.... But does it come with a bowling Pin Decanter? That is also ugly... :D

TS

Do they come with a free pack of marlboro reds, or camels? lol...Really though, great job,and can't wait to see the finished product!

Can we give one shoe and 2 bucks to rent it?

...you need to offer vintage style bowling shirts to match!
:drink:
k.

M

Along with Mort, joining the party will be Mort & Maury's cousin... Merv!

Complete with a real cloth fez tassle! (thanks Dibroc)

Holden and Sam ....I can't wait for these to be available. You have once again created something hideous yet beautiful.

On 2007-01-19 20:37, Hiphipahula wrote:

On 2007-01-19 14:37, MakeDaMug wrote:

.... But does it come with a bowling Pin Decanter? That is also ugly... :D

Strike!! it does come with a decanter!

On 2007-02-07 15:19, Freaktiki13 wrote:
Holden and Sam ....I can't wait for these to be available. You have once again created something hideous yet beautiful.

Thank you, Freaktiki13 - Hideous yet beautiful... that's the desired effect! :)

For more info on the release get-together, go to the California Events forum link provided here...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=25019&forum=17&1

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-07-27 17:12 ]

ooh la la - me likey lots.... tons o fun
gottadrinkazombieindafezmug!

I think we will be comming over to Tiki Farm on Sunday!!! After we see "The Insect Surfers" and "Slacktone" at the Huntington Beach Pier. I wish I could do the mug release at Sam's Seafood but I have friends getting married that day. I am looking forward to meeting you Mr. Gambino!!!

Thank you, Sperm Whale.... I'm looking forward to meeting you and all the TCers I can. I've actually not met many TCers face to face, so this will be a blast for me!

R

So when will these be available online for the rest of us losers that don't reside in SoCal? :P

On 2007-07-30 02:45, Rattiki wrote:
So when will these be available online for the rest of us losers that don't reside in SoCal? :P

Here Here....I second that!Or will it be like the "Intergalatic Island Hopper" I still can't get my
hands on?...

[ Edited by: insanetikiers 2007-07-30 09:50 ]

Pages: 1 19 replies