Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Getting Around Maui

Pages: 1 3 replies

My wife's flying in to Maui the first week of February to visit with some of her family and I'm trying to get bus schedules & other info to help her get around the island. She's flying into Kahului Airport (OGG), and her cousins have a condo in Ka'anapali, what's the best way to get there & back without renting a car or dropping $90 for a taxi? Yes, her cousins could pick her up, but they're flaky as puff pastry and you can't rely on them to be where they're expected to be when they're needed to be there.

I found that the bus is only $1 per segment, which would only make it $3 to go all the way around the island, but the first segment from the Airport to Ka'ahumanu Center doesn't run between 12:42 & 5:40, meaning she'll have to wait almost 4 hours for the bus.

A taxi from the Airport to Kahului Town is only $13, plus tip, & then $2 for the trip to Ka'anapali by bus. Is this the best I can set up for her, or could I get her a better deal using a Shuttle Service like Speedi Shuttle to get to town? Or is there an even better way?

OK, it looks like my Wife's sister will be there and have a car, so she probably won't need to take a taxi & the bus. Probably.

T

Based on the Maui map in my head, if she had to go by bus or taxi, the cab into Kahului and then bus to Kanapaali would be the best bet. Or at least the cheapest and fastest, if the bus doesn't stop by the airport until 5PM. Ridiculous.
Hopefully her sister will show up.

S

If you've never been, a cab ride with the right driver is a tour unto itself. Remember its a small island nothing is to far away.

Pages: 1 3 replies