Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Bahooka's, Sat., Jan. 27th 6pm

Pages: 1 16 replies

WoooHooooo! It's Tiki-Tina's Birthday and we are going to celebrate it at Bahooka's on Sat., Jan.27th. We hope you can join us for Ribs & Grog :)

http://www.geocities.com/bahookarestaurant/

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2007-01-24 17:06 ]

WOOHOOoooOOO... what TimE ..WOO!

On 2007-01-23 21:19, Hiphipahula wrote:
WOOHOOoooOOO... what TimE ..WOO!

Soccer Tiki will post more details today. Keep your eyes open :)

We've got reservations for 6 pm Saturday. This is going to be a great weekend of classic restaurant dining starting Friday at Damon's!!!

WoooHoooOOOooooooo!

The following people are in for Dinner at Bahooka's Saturday Night:
*SoccerTiki
*Bamboo Boyd
*Tiki-Tina
*Hinao_Paul
*Mrs. Lurker
*WooHooWahine
*Trader Tom & Mrs.
*Hiphipahula +1
*Al-ii

If you would like to join us PM me and I will add you to our reservation :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-01-26 11:46 ]

If you are planning on going Please PM me by Saturday AM so we can add you to our Reservation :)

I've never even been to Damons or Bahooka...perish the thought!
So can anyone let me know if there's a decent place to stay up around that area? The Mr and I would love to go to Damons Fri night and Bahooka Sat. but would rather not drive clear back to La Goona Hills. Thanks!

P

I don't know anything about lodging in Glendale but I am sure that there are numerous places between there and Bahooka. Look for something along the 134/210 corridor as these freeways connect Glendale to Rosemead going through Pasadena. Damons is between the 134 and 210. The 134 becomes the 210 in Pasadena and from there you get to Bahooka by exiting the 210 at Rosemead Blvd. and going south to Lower Azusa Rd. There should be numerous choices for lodging in between.

There are several inexpensive hotels along Colorado Boulevard just west of Rosemead. Basically, the further west you go towards Old Town Pasadena, the nicer and more expensive the accomodations. So, you can probably find the equivalent of a Days Inn or Holiday Inn closer to Rosemead but if you want the Doubletree or Marriot, you'll have to go further west.

Here's the pics of Tiki-Tina's Birthday Bash at Bahooka's

The Birthday Girl & Al-ii

We started the evening with Bahooka's Famous Bowls

SoccerTiki and WooHooWahine

Al-ii & Tigerlily

Trader Tom & Mrs.

Our Favorite Lurker & Hinano_Paul

Tiki-Tina & Bamboo Boyd

The Crew

Hiphipahula chatting with Al-ii

Put another candle on your birthday cake

Hinano_Paul entertains us

We then moved the Party to our Favorite El Segundo Bar

It's My Birthday and I'll WOOOHOOO if I want to

Here's Dave....

Tiki-Tina & Al-ii tear up the dance floor

Rebecca shows Al-ii a few moves

Great pictures WooHoo thanks for sharing.

I know you had already planned this but you get major points for making it to Bahooka and the Purple Orchid in the rain.

Man!
I should've went! You guys look TORE UP! Makes me smile! Happy B-day Tina! And thanks for the pix WooHoo! I loves you guys!

Ilene and I had a great time hanging out at The Bahooka with everyone! Any time you guys are headin' down this way again, just let us know.

By the way, I got an e-mail back from Bahooka's and they're discussing coming out with a mug. I also tried to turn them on to Myriah's Bazaar so they can replace those salad bowls with some real volcano bowls.

We'll see what happens.

Salad Bowls! not to mention the flaming croutons! wait,, was that a new wave band in the 80's .. either way Rob & I had a great time he is sooo shy, he kept saying I don't know anything about tiki. thanks everyone!
We missed you Ken!

I have to say I had a blast at Bahooka's celebrating with Tina for her second night of Birthday partying!! Excellent honey bowls and company. Thanks woohoo for pulling it together.

On 2007-01-29 22:16, Tigerlily wrote:
I have to say I had a blast at Bahooka's celebrating with Tina for her second night of Birthday partying!! Excellent honey bowls and company. Thanks woohoo for pulling it together.

And thank you Tigerlily for bringing WooHoo's phone (that she left at Damon's the night before!) I owe you dessert!!!

And we did it again the next night! Wow...what a blast! Bahooka was sooo much fun, but watch out for those salad bowls...gotta love those flaming croutons!

Much mahalo to everyone who came out to help celebrate (on yet another night) and especially to Soccer and Woohoo who put the whole thing together! You guys and all of your efforts made the weekend extra special! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you...AGAIN :D

Bahooka and Purple Orchard? Definitely the best birthday ever :)!

Also wanted to thank:

Hinao Paul & Mrs. Lurker-heist-a-mug:
Love you guys! Can't wait to see you again! So happy you made it both nights and thanks for joining us at PO! :)

Tigerlily:
Great to see you again! Thanks for your help with desert on Friday :).

Al-ii:
You will always be my twinkle toes....thanks for the dance :D!

Hiphipahula & Rob(-a-hula?):
Great to chat with you and meet Rob....let him know those cloves always take me back to my flaming crouton days! Aaahhh Good times! :)

Mr & Mrs Trader Tom:
Great to met you guys! Thanks for joining us...and hope to see you again soon!

All of y’all are the best! Thanks so much for making my birthday so special!

Mahalo Nui Loa and much aloha to all...now on to all those things I promised I'd do before I hit 40!

[ Edited by: tiki-tina 2007-01-30 22:27 ]

Pages: 1 16 replies