Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Enchanted Sea - Les Baxter - Bora Bora

Pages: 1 5 replies

P

I am looking for this cd, or legal download of this album. Cant find it. Please help. Thanks

You are making me google-crazy....LOL I did find this site of discography...look towards the bottom. Bora Bora

I'll keep looking....I would love to have it too...Les is my all-time favorite. :)

Not easy finding information on Bora Bora, but found this site with a little more.

Getting closer just posting all the links I can find. We may get this one yet!!!

Here is the TC post on this topic.

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.

JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-01-28 13:51 ]

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-01-28 14:44 ]

K

Was Bora Bora by Les Baxter ever put out on CD? My understanding was that it is quite a rare record to find at all. I've only seen it on ebay once or twice and it was very high.
I have copy of the LP I got when I was about 12 years old as a department store cut out for 47 CENTS...yeah, CENTS. (Those were the days). I'b be happy to send you a simple CDr of it if you like. I've always liked it...it's very similar to Que Mango..seems like some songs are nearly the same with slight alterations.

D

First off, you can try searching http://www.cddb.com
It is an international database for every CD released...almost. If I'm not mistaken, iTunes contacts CDDB when you pop in a compact disc in order to pull down the CD title and track listings. There is very little info about the released, but you can at least find out if it was ever leased on CD..officially.

Q

I've seen this CD on eBay produced by an independent distributor from (I think) Canada. They also have several other obscure Les Baxter albums, all of which I think are vinyl transfers. I've never seen the CD's distributed in retailers like Amazon or Deep Discount CD, so I can't vouch as to whether they legal reproductions.

Pages: 1 5 replies