Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Squid got wood! (pendants that is...) #2 IS SOLD! More to come...

Pages: 1 19 replies

S

Allrighty folks...I rarely, if ever sell originals. But now I'm whittling recycled wood pendants and will be selling them after making the molds for resin casting. So even if the originals are too pricey for you, rest assured there will be castings in the near future!

So here we go...
MOAI #1- Carved from unknown species of recycled wood and stained with a light maple. Approx 3.5" tall and 3/4" deep. Strung on 26" round suede cord with wood toggle. The cord ends are stitched together through the cord and are very sturdy.

Please PM if interested and thanks for checking it out!

squid

[ Edited by: squid 2007-01-30 21:51 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2007-01-31 21:18 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2007-02-02 15:23 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2007-02-02 18:16 ]

Dave!
Master of Many Materials! Beautiful! He's got that Mussolini/Pope Alexander (the Borgia) Nose and sense of the Royal! Bravo! Thanks for the pictures of your WOOD!
Where are the others?! :)

S
squid posted on Tue, Jan 30, 2007 1:21 PM

Thanks for the "atta boy". Patience, little Kinny. More shall come. :)

The model was actually Ernest Borgnine.

UH-OH boyz...Master Sculptor D' has moved beyond his earthly limitations of the plaster and wax world! :o LOOKOUT WOODIES & ROCKERS...a crafty Ol'chizler whittling his way into the heart AND onto necks of tikiphiles EVERYWHERE with some rightous tiki bling!!!

SPORTY WOOD & TIGHT CHOPS SQUID!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

S
squid posted on Tue, Jan 30, 2007 9:56 PM

Congtrats to "Quickdraw" Hiphipahula. I know this little dude will be well taken care of.

Thanks for all the props and all the PMs! Wish I had a few more just like 'em but, that would be boring now wouldn't it? I should be finished with #2 by the end of the week so keep your eyes peeled!

squid

B

'bout time you got into the Wood carving end, you're a natural for sure. I Really love the detail on your Moai with the chin and ears leading the show. Love the "Tough guy" boxers nose too.
Welcome to the Wonderful world of wood!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 9:52 AM

Did you misspell your name on purpose?

Hey Ernie!
I think he hired Kirby to sign the backs for him! :lol:

On 2007-01-31 09:52, GROG wrote:

Made me l@@K :o

S
squid posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 4:38 PM

On 2007-01-31 09:52, GROG wrote:

Nope. I do it that way all the time. Just like when I spell your name: B A S T A R D

S
squid posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 5:05 PM

Hey Jonsey! Thanks man! I'm all warm and fuzzy now...

Benz- Thanks to you, too! After sculpting your mugs, I started to really check out your stuff and got inspired (and a bit intimidated). I hadn't really carved since high school but it sure feels good to get back into the wood.

Saw this one in person - muey nice el Squido. Hey Gorg, leave Skweed alone you meanie!

Squid Wood Good

S
squid posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 9:15 PM

On 2007-01-31 19:27, RevBambooBen wrote:
Squid Wood Good

You been talkin' to Mrs. Squid again?

BTW: Holden had to do your dirty work for you and christen the chiminea. Sorry you missed out :(

P

#2?

sheesh, give us other hacks a break. i barely got started on carving number one, just like it to sell as an original pdrake.

you need to sleep more.

S
squid posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 3:22 PM

Okeedokeee....
#2 is here complete with nose inspired by gangster in an old Looney Toons cartoon! Same wood, same size (approx 3.5"). Signed on back. Cord is 26" but I'll shorten if desired, no problem.
PM me if interested! THANKS.

BUMP! :) :) :)

S
squid posted on Sat, Feb 3, 2007 10:16 AM

Congrats go to kingstiedye on number 2! Wear it in good health!!

Hopefully number 3 will be up next week, and thanks again for all the enthusiasm and props!

SWEEEET!
Can't wait to see the next one! Good Work SQWIDY!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Feb 3, 2007 11:49 AM

Brad funny.

Pages: 1 19 replies