Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Resin Tangs, my first!

Pages: 1 18 replies

I've been getting casting and painting lessons from a good friend of mine, and here are the results of my first completely-solo attempt. I made these up as fridge magnets that I'll give away to family.

Here they are hanging proudly on my fridge

This one's my favorite

Thanks for looking!

S

those came out pretty ripping i must say! good work

B

Awesome, Finkster! They look great! Is that brown color paint, or its it the color of the resin?

Thanks guys. :) The resin was actualy a shockingly-bright white. I put on a red-brown primer and dry-brushed on various combinations of watered-down reds, browns, and yellows and then covered it all with a few coats of satin poly.

P

haha! those are great!

here mom! it's a tang! yeah, it is. oh, ooo, too much information.

hahaha!

great work!

what kind of resin and tint did you use?

M
mieko posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 8:14 PM

really nice, they look beautiful! great paint job, great design, I'm saving a picture of these for my idea file. :)

Extremely cute....love the shape, color and the white accents....very nice work. :tiki:

M
Moki posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 9:31 PM

Great job. It's nice to see someone else having fun with resin.

Love the design too.

NEAT! Those are really cool lookin' Sir Finkz. Sure to be prized heirlooms.
Can I be in your family?
Chongolio

Hey finkdaddy-

Those are very cool, neat and meticulously done. High quality stuff! Yes... don't you have some distant relatives who are Gambino's ??? Yes, I think you do.... that would make me one of the family I believe...........

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 11:39 PM

Nice resin tangs with wangs. GROG like.

HOK

Those look great, your teacher learned ya good :) Have you tried tinting your resin? It might save you some time on the finish color....Aloha, Freddie

C

Finkdaddy you are just "rockin'" down there in West Allis! These are very cool...might
make nice pendants too! Cool stuff as always.

Very cool. Great 1st attempt!

TTT

B

Woah, Nice Clean looking job!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 3:39 PM

Smooooth!

H
hewey posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 6:20 PM

Next time put their hands and feet out so you can put em together and have a Tang congo line :)

Nice man

Those look very professional, I can see you making them as pendants as well.
Nice work.

C

Wow! I love them! Can I be family so I can get one? is there someone that I can marry o something? You've learned your lessons well, congrats great work!

Tiki Candle Maker

[ Edited by: Clarita 2007-02-02 13:22 ]

Pages: 1 18 replies