Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Moari surfboard carvings.

Pages: 1 6 replies

MD

I did a search on this and found nothing. So I hope this is all new but I saw a picture of this guys work and its beautiful! His name is Aaron Kereopa from Raglan, New Zealand.
He incorporates traditional Moari themes into carved surfboards.
Its hard to surf in Colorado, and our boards are smaller, but I want one of these.

http://www.surfa.com.au/List.asp?ID=9&C=Ocean%20Life%20Sculpture

C

Boy those are cool lookin' I wonder how he carves, paints and finishes those things. They are all really interesting looking. Some of my favorites are Mamoa (the Father figure),Te Arero o Uira (Lightning Fork),and the Te Ika (the Fish).Thanks for the post Senor Dale.

Chongolio

Cool,surfboard carvings are fun and quick to do, all you need is a blank, either strip the glass off a broken board or buy a new one and carve with a craft knife and sandpaper.
This is one I did about 8 years ago based on a celtic water design from the Book of Kells, I also have a tiki one, but no photos and a beautiful balsa surfboard blank that I plan to use for another.

Wow...those are beautiful....and nice carving cheeky. Where can a person get a blank balsa board? I would love to paint one for my lounge.

M

Our store needs one of these badly. These rock!!! Any idea of the cost?

Mahalo

McTiki

Dang Cheeky!!!! That is crazy go nuts!! Tell us more about how you painted and sealed it etc..etc. I totally dig the look of that baord. I hope you are wearing a dust mask when sandin' That foam dust is a killer.

Chongolio

MD

Really Cheeky, what can't you do? That is beautiful. I really like the celtic weave. How long that take and like Chong. said. How'd ya finish it?

Pages: 1 6 replies