Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Adventures of VampTiki

Pages: 1 12 replies

I am only getting started on this, but wanted to share as I progress. Just trying to improve my webskills and in the process, thought I would use a few pages to publish some short stories. I always have too many projects going at the same time, but figured when I publish new material I will let you know here. Sorry for such a short beginning, but not sure if this is even worthy of your viewing. Let me know what you think...I will try to write fairly regularly.

VampTiki

I like it, Indiana Jones like tiki tale.

very nice. smooth pace, already exciting.

Thanks so much....I added a little more to that short story. Once I play around some more on my site and figure out how to link pages, I will set it up to have links to each short story I write and I will publish an entire short story before posting that new stuff is on the site. I am not finished with the first one yet...just trying to get everything set up to work out well in the series. Hope you all enjoy and sorry for being so slow right now. :)

VampTiki

What? Short story? I want a paper back novel to read on the beach...right now!

This Vamp Tiki is an interesting character, her world of international tiki art is strange and unusual. I like the villain's BBG organization too. It's got great possibilities! I love that you're keeping it close to a sort of "Dr. No" feel. Maybe it all has a James Bond/Johnny Quest/60's time period. OR, not sure if it's our modern day, or a alternate reality where Tiki Style never went away, but got more important instead? Cool! There are a ton of adventure novels out there, but nothing quite with this flavor of tiki. Just keep it unique. So many tales fall into the trap of cliche because the writer gets tired of inventing.

Have you read "the Writer's Journey"? It's a great guide to the main elements of myth i.e. what makes good stories. It talks about the human need in hearing a story. Quite interesting.

So, like who will the really strange and bizarre villains be who work for the BBG? Ruthless mystic freaks and overly smooth lounge lizards? Who are Vamp Tiki's friend's, lover, ex-lover, rivals, or even a mentor on some deserted tropical isle?

And I was sort of even hoping that Vamp Tiki's name actually hinted at a supernatural aspect to her, making her the undefeatable herione she is. A dark side she struggles aganist in her journey to do right?

Oops! Just trying to help. Ah, I worked in Hollywood for the last ten years storyboarding scripts with directors and banging on plots was sort of my job. Old habits dies hard.

Anyways, what ever happens don't stop writing! If you get a great Vamp Tiki novel done I'll paint you a brilliant cover!
Good luck!

Thanks for all the encouragement and ideas. I actually started writing (something totally different than the VampTiki genre) on the side, last year, as I think I can make a few bucks at it. Been a nurse many years and got many to go...but I need to find a hook for income when I get close to retirement age. I love writing (I do a lot of clinical curriculum development and editing in my real life) so have the basics down for layout and such. I hope to also expand my vocabulary when writing, but know to keep it somewhat simple as the average person in the United States reads at an 8th grade level. I think the VampTiki character will grow on people...afterall, she is into tiki...how bad can that be. :D

I just ordered the book you mentioned tiki shark....figure one book on writing will expand my mind. Other wise, think I will just rely on my imagination. I am going to have to figure out how to get my other book (that I am still writing) published. It is a female hero thingy too!!! I do have a few books about getting published, so hopefully that can happen for me this year. VampTiki will just be my gift to the tiki community...she has lots of adventure in her blood so may have to figure out how to get my stuff copyrighted. Any suggestions on this would greatly be appreciated.

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Feb 9, 2007 3:46 PM

How'd I miss this? Nice scribin Vamp. Write a modern day "Joan D. McDonald" novel already! Nicely done!

Mahalo

McTiki

Thanks McT :D

I love It! Blackbeard was my nickname back in my misspent sailor youth. Great story, wanna see it as a graphic novel/comik book.

T

Let's put some 'sex' in this story ..... sex sells !!!!

M

TikiLaLe = Hussie!

Mahalo

McTiki

I can see that the natives are restless...you will just have to wait....I got lot's of plans!!!

Pages: 1 12 replies