Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Mykiki

Pages: 1 3 replies

H

Wanted to post some pix from our stay at The Hawaiiana Hotel in Waikiki. THIS PLACE IS GREAT! Sure we were the youngest people here, and the rooms could use a little TLC in the form of fresh bathroom caulking... but the older guests were friendly depsite our plentiful peircings, tattoos, and loud shirts, the staff friendly and efficient and there was a tasty chilled half pineapple waiting for us in our room! Aloooooha!

Just to the right as you enter,(behind this tiki) is a small cafe packed with expensive knick knacks. If you wonder what you might find at Oahu swap meets and garage sales, take a peek.

Fire Ginger!

A second pool in the back...is guarded by this fine new tiki!

This older tiki was just below our second floor window. There are many more older tikis hidden around the property.

Hey! This little fellow even helped me unpack!

Hmmmm... I think he'd just about fit in my shaving kit.(Just kidding!)

If you want a place with a nice mid century vibe to come back to after running around Waikiki this is it. Everything you need is within walking distance. You can practically roll out of bed into the ABC if you forgot your toothpaste. The Breakers (another cool mid century hotel) is right next door and has a sushi bar, traditional Japanese tea house...and this tiki!

Four excellent Japanese noodle houses are within less than a block of the Hawaiiana but if you get tired of all the pacific rim fare a great Italian resturant is right across the street too.
The House Without a Key (home of the best Mai Tai in Waikiki),is a hundred yards away.

The swizzle is ......... a slice of fresh Hawaiian cane sugar!

Don't miss this nearby native conflict memorial.

...The Int'l Marketplace, Thor Store, Duke's Hula Pie... even Don Ho himself are within walking distance!!!

Oh and did I mention this swell view of Diamondhead at the end of the block?

The buses are cheap and easy so no car rental nessessary.
In a few minutes you can be in Chinatown...

...or at the Bishop Museum!

We stayed at the Hawaiian, too - last April. And I have almost identical pictures!

Great pictures....gonna have to make it there sometime. The tikis as gorgeous. :tiki:

H

On 2007-02-04 08:43, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
We stayed at the Hawaiian, too - last April. And I have almost identical pictures!

LOL! We should start a thread of TCers with identical photos! From the looks of the footprints around The Bishop moai I'd gather he's made it into another hundred thousand photo albums this year alone. Almost as popular as Don Ho!

Vamp, I've got some more good Tiki pix from the Bishop I'll post them later. They had a nice display of native tattoo instruments but my camera conked out.

Pages: 1 3 replies