Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Rerun of Tiki show Sacto Sunday also news article

Pages: 1 18 replies

Hi Tiki Collectors, Our TV show is on in a half an hour. I haven't seen any of it so I don't know if it is good or bad. It's for entertainment only not education.

Earlier this week we were interviewed by Rachel of the Elk Grove Citizen newspaper, that will come out on Friday.

For those of you in Sacramento I hope you
can catch our show, Wendy and Dan

THE SHOW WILL BE ON SUNDAY FEB. 11TH CHANNEL SIX AT 6 PM.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-02-09 18:10 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-02-09 18:43 ]

Wendy and Dan,

I missed this posting and subsequently the show. Will there be any re-runs?

Thanks,

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am so what about it)?

Dig.
It shoulda been for the whole half hour though.
More Jungle Room please.

Hi, they ran our last show a second time in the same week. Back then we were under Viewfinder Hidden History on KVIE.com. They still have one of the movies my mom made in the 50's posted although when I watched it last night the commentary was fine but the movie was reduced to a bunch of still photos. I grew up making movies and entering them in competitions in Sacramento, San Francisco and New York, all armature. Now with YOUTube there are many movie makers out there.

I've often thought about making a movie of Dan's collection but right now I'm busy with Gecko. Our next project is almost ready to have a mold made.

The jungle room took 7 years and hundreds of trips to Michael's with their 40% off coupons. Two or more silk plants or vines each week. There are a view photos posted on my web page http://www.claytikis.com go to the part that says A Serious Hobby. Wendy

Oh darn....I missed it!!! I do hope you have copies. I so want to see it. The pictures of your house are just awesome. You have everything so beautifully arranged...it is a jungle of tiki love. Thanks for posting the link. :)

This has been a tiki week for us, first our show, which will rerun on Sunday the 11th on channel six at 6 pm and then we had a news paper article come out today. Here is the article, by the way the cardboard in our upper windows were painted to match the paint color of our home so it's not as bad as it sounds! We love the article and photos by Rachel Merton, she's an Elvis collector, I'm working on her to go tiki, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-02-09 19:02 ]

K
Kitty posted on Fri, Feb 9, 2007 7:58 PM

FABULOUS! What's next? A book?

I was thinking about a movie. Wendy

What's the name of the show, so I can Tivo it?

On 2007-02-09 20:13, danlovestikis wrote:
I was thinking about a movie. Wendy

I'm bloomin' fantastic at 'acting'(?) the fool if that'd be any use Wendy?!!!

I still can't get my tv aerial tuned into KVIE! Do you think the good ol' Beeb (BBC) might show it, or is still just more old Antiques Roadshow?!!

Take care Trader Jim - Make everyone's a MAI-TAI!

It's a local Sacramento area show. Where ever KVIE is available. The show is called Viewfinders Collectors edition. Thanks for asking, Wendy

ps I don't know anything about Tivo.

On 2007-02-10 17:19, danlovestikis wrote:

ps I don't know anything about Tivo.

Tivo rocks!! You just enter the name of the program and it'll record whenever it plays; whichever channel it happens to be on

tonight

Thanks for mentioning KVIE...I got it programmed!!! Wow...in the newspaper too....awesome. :)

Just saw the show....and have to say...HOLY COW......that's a lot of tiki!!! Your place looks wonderful. You both did a great job of touring through your house and paying kudos to other tiki peeps. I thought the show did a great jobe of mingling back and forth between the various collectors...it kept me wanting more. :D

Thank you so much, we had fun making the show. I had many more names that were edited out, I have to write my buddy Gecko and tell him that they edited out his name a bunch of times same for Bosco, Shag, Flounder and Doug Horne. Oh well I got Gecko in my newspaper article and that counts. Wendy

Dan and Wendy,

My wife and I caught the show last night, thanks for the posting about the re-run.

Great collection and story. Awhile back, I saw an article in the "Neighbors" section of the Sacramento Bee about your collection and I cut it out and put it inside my copy of "Tiki Quest". I was amazed by the story then, and even more amazed with the story on Viewfinder. Imagine my surprise to not only be able to see your wonderful exhibits and hear your stories, I was also treated to the model trains, which, for years prior to collecting tiki, was my driving passion.

Any "tips" for how you were lucky enough to find so many rare pieces? I was a little nervous for you when the guy interviewing you picked up your "Blue Hawaii" Tiki Bob at the beginning of the segment.

It was great to be able to see the show. Again, thanks for sharing!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am but I have not been on TV)!

Hi, I told him to be very careful with the Elvis mug. I set it on a padded trunk. That's why he handed it to me so fast! It's fun that you picked up on that.

As far as finding all the treasures they have come from tiki road trips where we stopped in every town and went to every antique store. We have done more than one 2500 mile trip. Then we always check eBay. But some of our best treasures have come from making friends with other tiki collectors and doing trades.

We also leave our names on wish lists at antique stores and have been called for great tikis a number of times.

My nephew is going to put this show and another we did for them about movie making on my web page in the future. http://www.claytikis.com When that happens I'll let every one know, I want that 15 minutes of fame! Wendy

I feel honored indeed, as I was invited to the home of Dan & Wendy to view their great decorum and collections today. (Thanks you two for the dinner at the Islands....that place is beautiful inside and out, good food, and yummy drinks.) :)

Their tiki art and mug collection is out of this world. I could probably spend hours looking at everything....it is just jaw-dropping!!! Dan has everything so tastefully arranged and I DIDN'T SEE A SPECK OF DUST. :lol:

Pages: 1 18 replies