Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

VampTiki #1 [March 10th 2007]

Pages: 1 2 76 replies

UH OH.....I am going to be in BIG trouble with WooHoo....I got home too late to do picture last night...gotta head off to work now, but will post them tonight. :)

Am I a good teacher or what....the Contessa even posted after I left her pad!!!! :D

On 2007-03-13 05:48, VampiressRN wrote:
UH OH.....I am going to be in BIG trouble with WooHoo....I got home too late to do picture last night...gotta head off to work now, but will post them tonight. :)

Am I a good teacher or what....the Contessa even posted after I left her pad!!!! :D

I'll forgive you, since you were helping promote TC to a friend :) LOL

UDABOMB WooHoo. Gotta get the newbies up to speed on the tiki scene. I just got an email from Praguelodyte and he will pass off the picture cd to me on Thursday, so should be able to get them posted by no later than Friday. Hope I can remember who everyone is...I missed out on talking to a few folks...so mostly will just include the usual smart-arse party comment on the pix. :D

M

Be kind Vamp!

My favorite exchange from Vamptiki's party came during a discussion with McTiki:

Me: What do you do for a living.
McTiki: I'm an explosives engineer.
Me: So you blow things up for a living?
McTiki: Yup.
Me: You're now my favorite person in this room.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

M

I was more coloquial than that!

coloquial = mucho Mai Tai'd

M

Ouch! (I only drunked 2) then switched to Voodoo! :)

[ Edited by: McTiki 2007-03-13 19:38 ]

McTiki, we never got that much information from you at the tiki party. The Stardust was just blown up in Vegas, you in on that?

This was one of the best parties we have ever been too. Marlene shows a great bash and seeing that we have tikis and an Egyptian master bedroom in common was fun too.

Everyone there was a pleasure to meet or see again. Dr. Tiki Mojo and his wife Eva always bring great things to add to our collection.

We were at the sale under the freeway by 8 am. We missed you all.
Were you there before or after us?

Wendy

M

Dan! That wasn't me! Beautiful shot though! LOL!

I thouroughly enjoyed meeting Wendy and Dan! Fine Ohana Indeed! (See I put Wendy first!) She designs mugs to die for! You'll see!

Hi McTiki, thank you very much. My web page is getting out of date fast but you can see last years projects on http://www.claytikis.com I have so many more to add but I never get to it.

Right now I'm waiting for my interview with Pocketiki to come out in issue number two. Because of the Bloody Maori he said he's going to call me Bloody Wendy, which is kind of a swear word in England. But it's all in fun.

It was great to meet you at the party, Wendy

M

Inspirational! A mug maker...meets a mug collector .....and she thanks me? (blush in mass humility) Truly my honor in meeting the both of you! (celebs and all!)

I can't wait to see the next project come to fruition!

Mahalo! Cali Ohana suprema!

McTiki

Finally....pictures!!! (Thanks Praguelodyte)

Vamp mixing up a jug of Mai Tais...

A happy little collection...

AlohaCurrent...

AlohaCurrent mesmerizes Lynda, Corona Contessa, Sue, and Wendy...

Amy, AlohaCurrent, Lynda, Corona Contessa, Sue, Ken...

Amy plays bartender...

And the bar is open...

And two cups of this...

More to come.....

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-03-15 22:48 ]

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-03-15 22:51 ]

No white walls!!!!!

Dam Ben...I gots to git sum bamboo on those white walls!!! It's just sad in there....and 16 feet high....eeeegads. :D

Hoo man Vamp, looks like a happy bunch a Tiki Ites!! Lettin the RUM FLOW!! Glad yall had a good time.......Remy

Vampiress ~ WooHoo! Mahalo for taking the time to post you pics :)

Hi Vamp and gang, those are great photos but the true extent of the beauty of your home is not totally displayed. I was having so much fun I only took two photos in your garage and then forgot to do more. I'll have to post them soon, Wendy

ps Shout was fun last night, I'm building my vocabulary, lol and BRB are now filed for future use.

McTiki you are such a hoot you make my day.

OK...got these pics all titled...so working through the alphabet as a can...posted one V and all the A ones last night. Will see what I can get through tonight...so many more to come.

Basic Bar Decorum...

Basic Lounge Reading...

Commando and Loving it...

DanLovesFood...

DrTikiMojo entertains one of the honored Guests...

Dentist....we don't need no stinkin dentist...

DanLovesWendy...

Delish...

more later :)

T

Dan loves Wendy cause he gets to use her head as a cup holder :lol: :drink: :drink:

That Wendy is quite the talent!!! :D

Eva guards the boys...

A new cd...already on the platter for my extreme commutes...

Half drunk...

Do I have any spinach between my teeth...

Get your grubby paws off me skirt...

If we vogue here long enough, someone will take us home...

I got this one by the foot...come on guys help me out...

Boy, this lime squeezing is great fun...

Vamp & Corona Contessa surfing in Kauai...

Everyone must be in the kitchen...

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-03-17 09:16 ]

McTiki has an Intervention with Corona Contessa...but it is too late for both of them...

I've only got eyes for you...

Just hanging with the tiki guests...

Ken & PsychoTikiD hanging with the honored guests...

Let's see...if one ounce equals one cup, then 1 1/2 ounce equals...

Ken comes bearing gifts...

A Vamp Mai Tai poses before dissapearing forever...

Limes to the rescue ala' Lynda...

Stashing some secret bootay...

Lynda oversees Vamp as she passes a wet one over to McTiki with additional supervision by Gary...

Mr & Mrs Chief Bartender at Brenda's Tiki Bar do a little shopping...

McMaiTai

Mai Tai mug in action...

Is this my second or third Mai Tai...

The Chief and Brenda snag some bootay at the marketplace...

McBartender...

These walls are painfully bare...in need of bamboo and pictures...

Praguelodyte all leid up...

Shag candy tins as viewed by the Mai Tai Mixin Gang...

Somebody is being funny...

No that's a tiki shirt...

McRum&Coke...

The Praguelodyte Toast...

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-03-17 12:41 ]

When I looked I only had one photo on my camera of the party. So here it is showing David (Dr. Tiki Mojo) and his wife Eva and Dan. Even I can see I made a good resting place for Dan's cup. At home your should see where I hang my towels on Dan! Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-03-17 18:40 ]

I know the summer gets pretty busy, so posting ahead of time....save June 2nd on your calendar for a tiki party at my place. PM me if you are going to come so I can send directions.

I will have a house full of guests, so if you need to crash locally, here is a list of hotels.

Comfort Suites Rocklin
6830 Five Star Boulevard
Rocklin, CA 95677 US
(916) 315-1300
directions

Extended Stay America
1000 Lead Hill Boulevard
Roseville, CA
(916) 781-9001
directions

More Hotel Information

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-05-01 18:39 ]

hey Marlene....I'd make a new thread for your June 2nd party...and don't forget to let people know you are ''too damm close''' to Thunder Valley.......Beth and I are looking forward to your next gig.......you throw a mean tiki party :)

you are smart not to have a ''collectable mug'' or you'd have me outside at 5:30am.

oooopsa daisy.....never mind.

You're too funny moondog....uh lemme post an early morning mug for ya!!! Just keeping my parties in this one thread so I don't loose all the pictures, and avoding starting too many threads.

Well anyway, my Mom, Sister & her Husband will be staying with me, so they will have fun. You will love my Mom...she is 87 years old and has more energy than most of us have had in a lifetime.

I'll be practicing my Zombies....so you and Beth may have to come over soon. :drink:

Aloha Vamp,

The other thing that would take your party "to a whole 'nother level" if in this whole TC crowd we could find a Ukulele player or two who would like to entertain us with some smoooooth Hawaiian sounds!

Nothing like live music to top a party! :D

Moondog's right about the other thread...some people look because it's says there's a party June 2nd but then start seeing all the posts of the party past and tons of photos and may give up before reaching your NEW Party Post!

I suggest a new thread and ad a link from your first party so that people can get all the info they want about the NEW Party first thing and click the link to see what fun everyone had at the FIRST Party! :wink:

Good Luck

OK...I will start a new thread. Yes...would be fabulous to find some partying musicians. OK.....off to the new place.

Maybe this thread should be closed?

Pages: 1 2 76 replies