Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

ploynesian style bedrooom set find

Pages: 1 18 replies

I was trilled to find this, but my girlfriend wasnt. I also got 2 matching mirrors and headboard. Please excuse the mess...

Howdy, TAKEABREATH!

Are you sharing your cool/sorrowful find with us, or hoping to finder a buyer?

If the latter, you actually should post this instead in "Tik Marketplacei" so we'll know.

Looks cool! Sorry she's vetoing it :(
Formikahini

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2007-02-13 11:44 ]

I think this is just a ploy...! ..... :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Nice set! And to help out a fellow Polynesiac that finds himself in a "Divorce Tiki" situation (not uncommon among Tikiphiles, see also "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves"/1997/Disney), simply show her the bedroom set below, and tell her you first were gonna get that, and she will be so relieved she'll shut up about your "second choice":

T

Wow, that's an interesting fusion. Art Deco meets Polynesian. Poly-Deco?

Sorry for being so vauge. I just wanted to share my find, and hoped other people would appreciate it like I do, or had seen similar type furniture. My girlfriend and I where making our florida room into a tiki room and she had other ideas of what she wanted to do with the bedroom. But she did like the set until it was actually in our bedroom. Shes doesnt hate it but has expressed some disappointment in not getting to what she had planned. She likes the vintage rattan look more than the witco. I may decide to sell in the near future if it ends up posing to much of a problem for her, but for right now I'm hoping she'll come around.

G

I think it's great. Nice score!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 14, 2007 5:48 PM

Thats funky :) Dont think I could have it in the main bedroom, but could maybe swing it as a spare bedroom set...

Hey if ya have to set it by the curb, let me know what date/time I can do a drive-by?

Hey Sven,

Is that a page from your LONG over-due, highly anticipated WITCO book?

YA BIG TEASE!!!! :P

what book?

when?

there's a book?

T

Pictures Soon!

Hye, TAKEABREATH, were able to finally get your better half to accept those fabu pieces?

Good bump.....inquiring minds want to know. Would love to have that set myself...as I am sure others here would.

yes it has been in our bedroom and she has not had anyting negative so say about it, so I guess thats good. The headboard is not being used, mainly because its a king and we have a queen. we are waiting for ikea to open down here and see if we get a platform bed that will go with the set. But, all is good!

That is good to hear. Once you do the Ikea thing and get your bedroom all set up...we want some pictures...noooooo not of you....of the furniture!!! :D

It's a groovy set fer sure but what makes it "Polynesian" or even faux Polynesian?? The Abstracted imagery??? Seems just Abstract and not Island...

I think it has that kind of feel to it. Certainly mixed with some kind of modern style. On a side note, when I was cleaning it, I found old cards lodged behind the draws post marked form the 40's. There are no dates on the furniture itself though.

Pages: 1 18 replies