Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Worlds biggest tiki mug?

Pages: 1 13 replies

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 14, 2007 2:27 PM

I was thinking - what is the worlds biggest tiki mug? I’m not specifically talking about useable mugs you drink out of, but like a big sculpture of a tiki mug?

Like this is probably the worlds biggest banana:

Has anyone ever done a tiki mug equivalent? Pics and/or measurements would be tops :)

K
kirby posted on Wed, Feb 14, 2007 2:32 PM

how bout diablos....

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 14, 2007 2:47 PM

Thanks Kirby. I found a thread on that, but there were no pics or measurements etc etc. How tall is that puppy? Nice garnish :)

G

On 2007-02-14 14:47, hewey wrote:
Nice garnish :)

Damn you!!! Stole my joke...

8T

Well, I'm sure someone will post the details and a pic. of the big TikiBob that was made a few years ago. I can't remember who it was right now. And although I don't know about the LARGEST OF THEM ALL, I may have the largest Frankoma Ku War God here. It is 24" tall and weighs in at about 150 pounds.

8T

I dug around and found this photo in an older thread but it isn't the one I remember. Seems like that shot was on a sidewalk somewhere. (But it isn't the original one in the tikibobs doorway.) Anyone else remember that??? This was created by Danny "Tiki Diablo" and is cool as ^$^%$&*!
It belongs to aquarj. Lucky Lucky!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 14, 2007 4:16 PM

Heres one by Helztiki's pop:

Hi Joniece Frank of the original Frankoma is a dear friend of mine. Together we hold the copy write for the tiki line of the Trade Winds and Cultured Pearl. I am going to send her this posted photo so she can enjoy what has been done. I wish I owned this one. Soon there will be news on the resurrection of this War God by myself, Joniece and Gecko. Wendy Cevola

8T

Wendy, thanks for the comps about my little carving.
If you are in the process of reproducing the war god I know there will be a ton of interest in that!! All of us that cannot find or afford an original would still love to own one.So since you have let the cat out of the bag here, keep us posted on the details and put ol' 8ft near the top of the list for a new mug when they are produced. Oh and here is a link to the thread I posted which detailed the progress of the carving from start to finish.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15968&forum=7&hilite=frankoma

On 2007-05-24 12:42, danlovestikis wrote:
...Soon there will be news on the resurrection of this War God by myself, Joniece and Gecko. Wendy Cevola

Sounds cool Wendy! I could never afford an original!!! Joniece will love the big red war god I'm sure. We do! Let us know when Gecko kicks off with the mug!

All the Best - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

List.....did I hear someone say list?

That is a beautiful living room decoration...probably a mutha to dust though. :D

TS

not quite a mug, but it does serve drinks all day long!

W

Here's an 8 footer. 4 ft wide.
Guess where you can find him?

H
Helz posted on Fri, May 25, 2007 2:34 PM

Hewey,

Thanks for digging those up! I was gonna go hunting for them, but you saved me the effort!

and a quick pic of the original referenced above:

Helz Out

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2007-05-25 14:37 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies