Name:GROG
Type:bar
Street: 514 N. PCH
City:Redondo Beach
State:CA
Zip:90277
Phone:310/3767765

Description:
Former "Point Break" Bar w/new name, new owners Inside redone, they made alot more room! Looks a bit less Tiki however still very "Don the Beachcomber" looking. Low lighting, very clean/lounge like atmosphere. Remy

[ Edited by: Mouse Art 2007-06-11 18:52 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Feb 17, 2007 1:47 AM

GROG like the name of the bar, but not sure why.

anybody been here? how is it?

MA

Well the Agents oF VooDoo are gonna break this place in tomorrow night [Sat. June 9] Cmon down n help us try all da drinks!
.....I'll try n post a report on everything [ I can remember!] After my hangover dies a quite death. So I'm figuring around the 4th of July!.............Remy

MA

.......OK, the Agents Rocked [chanted?] the place til past midnite. Rumor has it they will be back there soon. The "Grog's Grog" was served up in a coconut mug, & packed a PUNCH! Tasted great too. I heard the Mai Tai's were excellent also. They make an "honest" drink [no slouchin on da booze!] Didnt get a chance to try the food yet. ........Nobody weve met that works there, thinks their gods gift to anything. All very nice,cool peeps, even the doorman/bouncer! They dont let anything wack [yno, the bad wack] happen in there. Great safe cool neighborhood, no cover, no drink min. I think they need more "stuff" on the walls, but I saw some cool Betty Page b&w photos, other Tiki art, some nautical stuff. GOOD vibe to the place.
.........The room "sounds" good. No echos, warm sounding room, the Agents all agreed. Theres dancin, yep, I saw em do it! Right there on the floor,all night! Anyway, so far, so good wid da place. I think its more than worth chekin out!.......Remy

how was the turnout?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

MA

......Hey Jeff, howzit? Havent talked with ya in a while. The place was about half full when the Agents rolled in about 8-O-clock. Then more peeps kept comin in all night. It was pretty full all night. By the time we did our encore [ your sh***in me, encore??, sweartagod!] around midnite the joint had run outa all the tap beer, & the place was STILL jumpin with a great crowd! Hey, we played sum surf, although "VooDooizd, you might dig it. Tell ya wat, cmon down next time & I'll buy ya a beer. A GREAT GIG!!! A GREAT place! Thanks for asking.................................Remy

When I saw your original post I was stoked, and was gonna go.
But then I remembered that I had a party to go to.
and I had picked up Rum for them, and they needed it.

Next time I will try to be there.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 7 replies