Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Are there *NO* NYC-er's or New Jersey-ites here anymore???

Pages: 1 8 replies

This is regarding a post I made in Tiki Events (non-California) about my being in NYC on Palm Sunday weekend.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=22908&forum=4&5

Have all the New York/New Jersey TC ohana taken off permanently for warmer climes?
ANYONE still there?

Anyone?

Bueller??

UPDATE:

Looking to be a great group of folks that night. The time for it is now set at 7:00 (I have to be back at the hotel by 11:00 :( )

See you then!
alice b

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2007-03-20 14:11 ]

Upstate New York. Does that count? Read your earlier post about seeing Spamalot. Last time I was in NYC that's what we did; went to see Spamalot. We drove to somewhere in NJ I think and then parked and took the train in to NYC and got off right at Macys and walked to Times Square. Had lunch at the Hard Rock, matinee Spamalot, and then dinner at Carmens. Came home the same night. I'd be up for meeting some TCers in NYC. Never been to any of the Tiki bars in New York city. I think I'd just take the train all the way from here. Skip the driving.

Try emailing Life in a Bungalow.

I pm'd you

T

Bloomberg, threw them all out !!!!
And no more dancing at your local bar .... [new law]

No dancing? New law? I heard about that. But it wasn't Bloomberg. It was the Reverend Shaw Moore. He said, "Even if this was not a law, which it is, I'm afraid I would have a lot of difficulty endorsing an enterprise which is as fraught with genuine peril as I believe this one to be. Besides the liquor and the drugs which always seem to accompany such an event the thing that distresses me even more, is the spiritual corruption that can be involved. These dances and this kind of music can be destructive. I'm afraid you're going to find most of the people in our community are gonna agree with me on this. If our lord wasn't testing us, how would you account for the proliferation, these days, of this obscene rock and roll music, with its gospel of easy sexuality and relaxed morality?" But then Ren defied the reverend and did his big dance number, and I think he got busy with the reverend's daughter, and then everything was okay. I think that's how it went...

R

We're still here!

Besides Otto's and Waikiki Wally's there are a couple gems just across the river in Jersey (Lee's Hawaiian and Chan's Dragon).

Let us know more about the specific's of when and where and we'll show up.

Hello fellow east coast Tikiphiles!

I grew up in NJ many moons ago, but just moved back to the east coast from a 12-yr stint in California where I met many of the TC organizers (specifically at the Tiki Bar Crawl in SF, and at Tiki Oasis). Now that I'm back east I'm going through TWS (Tiki Withdrawal Syndrome). An occasional Zombie or Volcano Bowl takes the edge off once in a while, but I think the only thing that could stop these shakes permanently would be connecting with my fellow Tiki comrades in person.

Anyone up for going to Waikiki Wally's for a meet up next Saturday, March 24th? I live in the city (Hell's Kitchen) and would love to organize some Tiki parties when that old axis tips a bit further toward the sun...

Drop me a line, folks!

Bump to update:

The time is now set for 7:00 PM
(Saturday, March 31 - See original post at top and go to link.)

hasta pronto!
alice b

Pages: 1 8 replies