Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut art show/mug launch March 16th with Doug Horne

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies

G
GROG posted on Sun, Feb 25, 2007 11:05 AM

We're having the 3rd Tonga Hut art show/mug launch On March 16th featuring Doug Horne and two new mugs he designed for Tikifarm. Grog, Goon and Gulp will also be released with a new glaze. Doug will be selling his prints and his wife Stacey will also be there selling jewelry and we're glad they're making the trip out here from Arizona for the show.

We've got Holden from Tikifarm bringing the mugs, Crazy Al, Atomikitty and another artist or two with their fancy shnancy stuff available to the the public. And of course, TASTY tiki drinks, fun company, and DJ Lee will be there providing the tunes.

This will be happening on FRIDAY March 16th , because Saturday is St. Patrick's day

Thanks to Suzy for bustin' out a flier and Holden for providing pics of the mugs.

Cool! it's on the calender. I will be saving all my penny's in my Tiki Piggy Bank up for some fine Tiki Art!
Ya think it's ok if we Irish start partying! So feel free to buy me that Green Mai tai! Erin go bragh!
See ya at the Hut!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-02-25 13:42 ]

On 2007-02-25 11:05, GROG wrote:

I thought GROG was shorter than that?

S
squid posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 12:30 AM

A mere 2 weeks away and no Photoshop antics yet?

Is there a final artist list yet?

Is this yet another thinly disguised bump?

SF

Bump!!

Looking forward to tossing back some rum powered drinks with everyone!
Have a straight jacket ready just in case.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 8:44 AM

Looking forward to seeing you again, Doug.

No photoshopping from GROG, too busy with the movie. Plus, they have GROG working at the Fox lot now, so it's a MUCH longer drive to get there. GROG will be lucky if GROG have time to do the next Bamboo Ben comic for Tiki Magazine.

On 2007-03-02 08:44, GROG wrote:

No photoshopping from GROG, too busy with the movie. Plus, they have GROG working at the Fox lot now, so it's a MUCH longer drive to get there. GROG will be lucky if GROG have time to do the next Bamboo Ben comic for Tiki Magazine.

Hey!

The heck with your Real Job!!

( now there's an idea for another contest!?
Help GROG DrAw the next Bamboo Ben Comic Contest!
Winner get's ??? )

Arrr!!! :)

S
squid posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 11:19 AM

On 2007-03-02 08:44, GROG wrote:

Grog, I will do my best to help out while you're in cartoon hell. Of course, I have my own personal hell to deal with and I'm not even in the show, but that's just the kinda guy I am.....STUPID.

We just need the complete artist list and photos of those we haven't jacked with yet. Like maybe....um.....Doug Horne!!!!

We just need the complete artist list and photos of those we haven't jacked with yet. Like maybe....um.....Doug Horne!!!!

The problem is very few pictures of me exist out in the world, ha!

P
pdrake posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 1:03 PM

you don't realize who you're dealing with.

S
squid posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 2:13 PM
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.