Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 7 booking online

Pages: 1 2 88 replies

O
Otto posted on Tue, Mar 6, 2007 12:20 AM

It is with great pleasure that I can (finally) announce that online booking is available for Tiki Oasis rooms and tickets.

Due to some changes in our booking partners we are no longer able to offer the packages that we had previously set up. Therefore tickets and hotel rooms need to be booked separately.

Thursday nights Meet n Greet at the Bali Hai is free and open to the public - invite your friends and family!
Please note that everyone must purchase a ticket in order to attend the Friday and Saturday evening events. Booking a hotel room does not include tickets to the event.

Also, the Munktiki mug is only available to attendees so you must buy a ticket in order to preorder the mug and you must pick the mug up in person at the event. Everyone who buys the mug will receive a voucher that they will redeem in exchange for their mug.

Some highlights of the entertainment include: The Ernie Menehune show with dancers, you've read all about him here on TC but you probably haven't seen him unless you live in Tucson; Blue Hawaiians making a rare appearance and presenting new material and releasing a new CD; the return of The Tiki Tones, well, they never really left but they haven't left Orange County for a while and they don't perform very often so it is sort of a reunion for them and the Tiki crowd; The top 60s DJs on the West Coast from Satisfaction & Bardot A Go Go with live Go go dancers atop Go Go stand created by Ona Tiki.

Live Tiki carving, Symposiums, burlesque acts, best dressed contest, etc.

We will be updating the site periodically as new information arises and I will send email announcements out to this list each time.

Please check it out at:

http://www.tikioasis.com

If you have any problems booking hotel rooms or using the site feel free to email me directly at
[email protected]

allow 48 hours for a reply

do not send a PM here as I only check TC once a week or so

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-03-22 21:47 ]

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-03-22 21:48 ]

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-03-25 22:49 ]

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-03-28 00:04 ]

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-04-03 23:40 ]

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-04-03 23:42 ]

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-04-24 22:44 ]

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-08-08 03:29 ]

Thanks for putting this great event together and answering all our crazy questions along the way. I am excited to be going, this will be my first Oasis. I will be staying with family in San Diego. I've got my Bali Hai resrvations for Thursday night, and my Friday/Saturday night tickets, and will be doing my shopping on Sunday.

I will have a few friends with me, but driving down Thursday, leaving early that morning. Any of you NorCals going, and interested in doing a convoy? I usually grab lunch at the El Toritos in Valencia (by Great America after the drive through the Grapevine) and catch up on gossip with some friends that live in that area. It is a nice break on the road and they have fabulous Pineapple Martinis. Send me a pm if you are intersted in joining a convoy and we can decorate our cars for the drive. :)

I
IKABOD posted on Tue, Mar 6, 2007 7:05 PM

Booked.
Done.
C.O.T.E.

T

Otto, I must say how grateful we are that you continue to put this event together year after year. I can't describe how much fun it is, and I'm so glad we'll be able to experience it again!
mahalo, mahalo, mahalo

I'm too excited to sleep! Thanks Otto!

We are really excited to be going to our first huge tiki event, see you all there, Wendy and Dan

We are booked for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights! Can't wait for this wonderful event. Last year was a blast.....

Booking seems a little tricky with the website. You book your hotel reservations and use a credit card to pay for it, then you book your Fri/Sat event ticket OR your Fri/Sat event + mug ticket and pay separately for it thru PayPal. I almost booked 2 Fri/Sat tickets ($40 each) and selected to pay $90 for the mug until I read the screen carefully. The selections are for the Fri/Sat ticket only, OR the Fri/Sat ticket AND Mug.

Otto,
I understand the some of the symposiums at Hukilau took reservations and filled up quickly. According to the Tiki Oasis website, the symposiums are all first-come first-serve and there are no reservations in advance? We are very interested in attending Beachbum Berry's event, and would like to know we have a seat without having to wait in those fun Tiki Oasis lines we found from last year. Are you reserving very LARGE rooms to accommodate many attendees? Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo!

• Myke

hey all,

otto just gave the line up of what performers we can expect at this year's tiki oasis. i'm too lazy to retype it all, so jump on over to http://www.tikiblog.com to see who's all in this year.

B

Symposiums tickets will be on sale in advance for many of the events. At this time we are working out all the final details with the hotel - just want to make sure the capacity of the room and all those types of details. If you are on Tiki News e-mail list or you check back on Tiki Central often you will know all about when these tickets become available and you won't miss out!

Cheers!
XOXO Baby Doe

Heya Otto take me Off the vending list . Managments Booking me for a Show one of those weekends . Thanks Jymmy

Cheese whiz! I haven't been on TC for awhile and saw through Tiki News E mail that Oasis was booking. I was booking the room Saturday online...called Hanalei to ask about a pet room (they will discontinue allowing pets as of this month!) and as I'm asking the res lady, she tells me the place is booked for Fri & Sat nights!!! So I hit "reserve" asap and GOT IT! Thank goodness! I told her I just booked a room for Thurs night through Sun and she said it was the last one, she's sure. At least on her system. Glad I got it! Wanted a king room, but they only had one with 2 queens. I hope they don't keep us up all night. yuk, yuk, yuk.
Anyhoo...don't even care where the rooms end up, just glad I got one!
Bummer about no pets...have to get a sitter for the Weens. The res lady said the carpet in the pet rooms will be changed out by August, so that's nice.

WooHoo! SoccerTiki and I just booked our room :)

O
Otto posted on Tue, Mar 13, 2007 11:06 PM

On 2007-03-10 11:52, tikiwinebear wrote:
I understand the some of the symposiums at Hukilau took reservations and filled up quickly. According to the Tiki Oasis website, the symposiums are all first-come first-serve and there are no reservations in advance? We are very interested in attending Beachbum Berry's event, and would like to know we have a seat without having to wait in those fun Tiki Oasis lines we found from last year. Are you reserving very LARGE rooms to accommodate many attendees? Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo!

We do have a very large room for the symposiums. The capacity of the room is 300 but there are a number of variables preventing us from making symposium tickets available at this time.

I cannot confirm Sven's availability until later on in May, the Beachbum gig has a max capacity of 150 but cannot confirm the ticket price until I can confirm whether or not we have a rum sponsor for the event, working on details for Domenic's presentation which will effect the price of the tickets.

I want all the tix to go on sale at the same time. The first come first served line really only refers to the free symposiums which will not have any reservations. That is mine and Bosko's.

O
Otto posted on Tue, Mar 13, 2007 11:15 PM

On 2007-03-13 08:08, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
..called Hanalei . . . she tells me the place is booked for Fri & Sat nights!!! So I hit "reserve" asap and GOT IT! Thank goodness! I told her I just booked a room for Thurs night through Sun and she said it was the last one, she's sure. At least on her system. Glad I got it! Wanted a king room, but they only had one with 2 queens. I hope they don't keep us up all night. yuk, yuk, yuk.

The person you were talking to on the phone is not well-informed
There are tons of rooms available for Friday and Saturday. She could not access them because they are a group booking, not available to the general public. BTW, you should not only be able to get a king but also be able to request specific areas of the hotel per our website

http://www.tikioasis.com/room_reserve.htm

Please note that the room rate increases at the end of this month:

Take advantage of the discount standard room rate $145
(Discounted rate ends at midnight April 1, 2007 after that time the Standard Room rate will be $165)

All booking must include Friday and Saturday night stay. Additional days before or after Oasis are offered at the discounted rate of $145 per night for all standard rooms (non-suites) for the following dates August 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21. All hotel guests must also Purchase Tickets to Friday and Saturday night events.

It sounds like the stage will be outdoors in the courtyard by the pool as opposed to last year which was inside a big tent in the parking lot. Otto,is this correct? If so, this will be a HUGE plus.

OK...I think what the res chick was saying was Fri & Sat night Kings were booked on the system she had to use. Since we wanted Thursday as well and I used the Oasis site, I got one. And, as seen from WooHoo's post, there are rooms available (thank goodness- WH & ST!!!) So now I wonder if it's true about pets? No biggy, just wondering.

Is the hotel booking to other guests during that weekend (Non TC folk)? Or do we get the whole joint to ourselves this year? I'll kinda miss the frightened gazes of the wedding attendants or the confused looks of the 'Small Gifts & Concessions' Conventioneers.

Will there be a room crawl again? And if so, will WooHoo & SoccerTiki have to 'forward' the trophy to the next winner IF...and that's a pretty big IF considering their room last year!...they don't win for best deco'd room? Or will there be a new trophy? Perhaps a bowling award?! Cuz that'd be cool! Hey WH; was that trophy a dog show one or a sport award? I can't remember, but it was great!! You'll have to add a water feature if you hope to beat WooHoo and SoccerTiki's room decore. Plan NOW. 5 months may not be enough.

Can't wait to see everyone again!

C

My husband and I will be first time Tiki Oasis attendees this year. We live in San Diego just a few miles from the hotel but decided to dive in and stay where the fun is at. No idea what to expect since we are new to this but looking forward to it none the less! Nabbed ourselves a king room in the quiet zone.

[Nabbed ourselves a king room in the quiet zone.

heh. quiet zone. That's funny.
Seriously though...Catmomma, welcome aboard! will see ya there! So. You got cats or sumtin?

heh. quiet zone. That's funny.
Seriously though...Catmomma, welcome aboard! will see ya there! So. You got cats or sumtin?

yep 6 furry kids
And as for the quiet zone, I will pack some earplugs just in case. As long as there is not a disco in the room next door I should be fine. :wink:

O
Otto posted on Fri, Mar 16, 2007 1:05 AM

On 2007-03-14 07:38, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
So now I wonder if it's true about pets? No biggy, just wondering.

Is the hotel booking to other guests during that weekend (Non TC folk)?

Will there be a room crawl again?

The elimination of pet rooms is part of the hotel's upgrade along with demolishing The Islands restaurant

We have the whole hotel, but not all Oasis attendees are TC members so be nice to them and help them out

yes, room crawls!!! stay tuned. Shelley will be on hand to guide the voting, etc. Cult of the Eye have their eye on a party suite (enough said)

[ Edited by: Otto 2007-03-16 19:34 ]

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.