Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

tahiti joe's las vegas

Pages: 1 2 78 replies

T

This restaurant/bar is located in the Tahiti Village resort in Las Vegas. I was told it would be opening shortly. Although, when I looked in the window, it appeared that there was still quite a bit of construction going on inside. Does anyone have any more information on this restaurant? I was here in early March 2007.

[ Edited by: Tikinaut 2007-11-05 08:54 ]

P

heh, i saw tht sign yesterday. it's 2 blocks from my house. i'll check it out as soon as it's open.

T

Cool! Let me know. I'll be back in Vegas this October.

looks interesting....i'm thirsty.

p u p u [apostrophe?] s?

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-03-17 17:07 ]

Yeah, carved up the logo tiki for them. I was hired by OA to carve it up and then LeRoy painted it and made it come to life.

How much to whip up a ,"Dia De Los Marquesos Glossy" Mug?....You gotz some of da maddest skillz, TD.

On 2007-03-17 21:13, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Yeah, carved up the logo tiki for them. I was hired by OA to carve it up and then LeRoy painted it and made it come to life.

Tiki Diablo and crew single-handedly re-tikifying Vegas!

I only did the tiki, but was hired through OA to do it. Bosko supplied them with some moulding and a couple of 6-7 foot tikis and said Oa also provided a ton of artifacts too. Let us know when it opens up.

TT

will have to check out this place when i hit Vegas in August

This puts a tear in my eye -The old Tiki guard and the new Tiki generation, all working together on one joint! :)

My mom has a timeshare in Cancun from this parent company, she wants to trade it for the Tahiti Village in August so I might get a chance to check it out then.

Here's the web site for a "virtual tour" of the property...

http://www.consolidatedresorts.com/property_tahiti_village.aspx

Nothing on the restaraunt though...

would this POSSIBLY be opening THIS WEEKEND?-- cuz thats when I will be there!
Will be going to Mickey Finns hype or no--we are gambling downtown so legit or not --it HAS a tiki so its on the list

T

Keep in mind that there are TWO Tahiti Village resorts in Las Vegas. The one with the TIKI bar is on the far south end of the strip on Las Vegas Blvd.

I hope they do this place up right. The Tahiti Village resort is sort of lacking in Tikiness. They have a few masks here and there, but the place needs to be taken up a few notches. Hopefully, this new bar will have a good Tipsy factor.

If you get a chance to go here, please keep us all posted...

P

i drove by the other day and looked in. the doors were closed, but there is a menu put up next to the door in a glass case. i will definitely go by this week one day after work. the place is only 1/2" mile from my house, maybe less.

2 nice tikis flanking the door, nice and shiny.

[ Edited by: pdrake 2007-03-27 15:28 ]

hmmm MAN that would be cool if THIS was the weekend...kind of a minor point in the scheme of this trip but ANY tiki is good...we might make a FORAY into the HOITY TOITY with a early raid of the PLAYBOY CLUB but we are FAR from high rollers

P

tahit joe's is open. they have happy hour from 3-6pm and 11pm-2am. i'm going a little later. maybe take pics.

P

well, tahiti joe's is very nice. the TiPSI factor is really high. i'm going tonight to talk with the manager and take some photos. the drinks were good and the bartenders are trying very hard. you have to ask for your mai tai made with the original recipe. i told the bartender the place needed tiki music and he put on reggae. oh, well, it's only the 3rd day open. the decor is top notch, though.

W
wjake posted on Fri, Mar 30, 2007 6:24 AM

How far south on the Strip is it? Is it easy to find? Website? I won't have transportation and will be staying at the Flamingo. I really wanna try it...!

T

Tahiti Village is located directly on the far south end of The Strip at 7200 Las Vegas Blvd S. You can't miss it. A taxi ride from your hotel will take you there in minutes.

P

the manager asked me to post this here and said to just print it out, bring it in and say your from tiki central and it will be honored. his name is jim tracy.

T

Cool! I wish I was in Vegas right now so I could use that coupon...

Hey, can you post some photos of the interior here?

P

i took my camera last night and only got 2 shots before the batteries died. i'm going back on sat. and will get more photos.

S

Leaving to Vegas Wed am, I'll try to make it to Tahiti Joes! wheeeeeeee
PEa

M

Yes, Tahiti Joe's is open now... my daughter is a server there so make sure you all tip well.... LOL!!!!! Fun place, great food!!!

I went by this Tahiti Joe's and it was great. The food was unbelievable and its the closest to a real tiki bar I have ever seen. And I was shocked that the prices were not the typical "strip" prices.

Aloha

T

Awesome! I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Vegas. But I guess I'm like Haole'akamai in feeling compelled to note that their lovely sign features a glaring grammatical error:
"Hey! Looks like a classy join/
... oh, gosh ... 'pupu-apostrophe-s' -- they're on the dark side too..."

We will be in Las Vegas the 13th - 16th of May. Any one want to meet up at TJ's? Are the open for lunch or is it a bar. My favorite drink is diet Pepsi with lime. I only have it on vacations or the caffeine keeps me awake. Wendy

I went a few weeks ago, and its definitely got the most tiki decor in town. Tons of Oceanic Arts items on all the walls, they definitely bought-out the whole OA catalog. The vibe reminds me of the inside of The Tikis in Waikiki, but unfortunately without the ocean to go with it. The overall place was a little too well-lit for my tastes, feeling more Denny's than Trader Vic's. Food and drink were decent, but I wanted to launch my Mai Tai after listening to an hour of reggae and bad 90s pop music. My advice is to bring an IPod with some Martin Denny, because the soundtrack is insufferable... Overall I think they did a decent job with a joint thats obviously geared more towards average joe tourists craving a pina colada than the hardcore tiki freaks... And I guess it doesn't bode well that in this city barren of tiki, I feel little desire to make a return visit. But for out-of-towners, its worth a quick lunch on the way to the Strip...

The Tikis on Oahu has a lot of Gecko's original art work from small to very large carvings.

The Alibi up in Portland Oregon five years ago was so dark that we didn't see most of the art until we viewed our photos when we got home.

Too light isn't better either, we will check it out, Wendy

Aloha!
All of your opinions are indeed valid, Ladies & Gentlemen, however I just gotta tell ya that this is the first locals place in Vegas in about a ga-zillion years, and it's way better than it coulda been! The owner actually had them REMOVE the Denny's-type crap that was ordered and installed and replaced it with much more tropical stuff at his own expense. He really is trying to make it as "Tiki-fied" as possible, yet not alienate the average patron. Pdrake is slowly "guiding" him in the right direction, and soon there will most likely be more tiki stuff, better lighting, better music, and maybe, just maybe, things to buy... (I'll let ya stew on that one).

So hang in there, folks! It's a work in progress that's worth nursing along to maturity!

Can someone please upload some photos of the interior? I'm dying to see what this place looks like inside.

T

Good, positive comments Tiki Lee's. I made a semi-serious dig about a grammatical point but it's definitely important to be reminded of the big point: that an enterprise like that takes a lot of time and hard work to develop.

Tahiti Joe's website has officially launched! You can view their full menu and a video of the place.

http://www.tahitijoeslasvegas.com

T

Very interesting. I'll definitely have to stop by when I return to Vegas in October. Although, as another poster here stated, I think a little less lighting would lend itself well to the overall atmosphere.

W
wjake posted on Wed, May 9, 2007 7:25 PM

Went this past weekend for a birthday mai tai. Thought I had taken more pics but it was video...sorry! Drink was good, service a bit slow, and, would have LOVED some Martin Denny or Les Baxter but had to settle for rock being piped in.

And an airplane crashed in the middle of the road just blocks from them Friday night...

On 2007-05-05 11:47, TikiBoiLV wrote:
Tahiti Joe's website has officially launched! You can view their full menu and a video of the place.

http://www.tahitijoeslasvegas.com

Outstanding!

Now, I have a place to go in Las Vegas other than Glitter Gulch and Mickey Finz.

[ Edited by: christiki295 2007-05-13 10:22 ]

Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, Micky Finnz falls WAY short of being a Tiki Joint. Even dispite the fantastic contributions by Tiki Diablo, the place tries too hard to be a Jimmy Buffet place. And the food is awful; my wife got sick BOTH times we ate there! Too bad 'cuz the servers are nice.

Now, Tahiti Joe's has done it up right. Even though they've made the place "accessable" to all tastes, it's POLYNESIAN and not Marga-fricken-ritaville!

yeah but how are the drinks at Tahiti Joes really? compared to say trader vics?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-05-22 20:52, bigtikidude wrote:
yeah but how are the drinks at Tahiti Joes really? compared to say trader vics?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

From the site:

Tahiti Joe’s will transport you to the ultimate tropical setting where cool drinks and island rhythms await. At the Tiki lounge we offer spirited drinks like the:

Joe’s Tahitian Amnesia • Forbidden Jungle • Beachcomber

Sample Joe’s Head Hunters’ Ote’a. This refreshing drink serves four and is sure to get any occasion off to a great start! You can even have it served with in a souvenir scorpion bowl to take home. Or, for something a bit more stylish, you can try one of seven variations of Joe’s Stoneface Martinis or a Blazing Sunset Mojito. Once you’ve quenched your thirst, you’ll want to sample some of Tahiti Joe’s signature dishes. Our menu includes mouth watering appetizers, build-your-own pizzas, Polynesian-inspired entrées, and decadent desserts. There’s even a tasty selection of entrées for the little ones.We’re sure once you’ve experienced the excitement of Tahiti Joe’s you’ll come back. And remember, there’s no better place in Las Vegas for Happy Hour than Tahiti Joe’s!

My wife planned a surprise birthday party for me at Tahiti Joe's. The food was good, but the drinks were alright. Their $45 souvenir scorpion bowl was a Tiki Farm Drei Moai bowl, and the drink didn't make up for the price. But all in all, it was a great party.

Thanks for the pics! Looks very Trader Vics-ish inside. But I say lose the TV set and dim the lights a little and this place would be perfect!

OMG! Now I definitely have to go back to Vegas!
Incredible tiki mecca in the middle of the desert.

We stopped by during our recent trip to Vegas.

Pleasant decor and good food. The servers wear these cute Tiki dresses and the place was definitely a breath of fresh air in the Valley of Sin. The dining room did have a bit of a (tropical) Denny's feel, but then again, we were there for lunch.

One thing though...I found it really difficult to order off their drinks menu. I eventually ordered a Kona Lager.
Each drink just sounded so sickly sweet. Just one too many "sweet" ingredients" in each drink. Some even called for a slush thing. I just couldn't take the chance.

In a city so competitive in cocktailing, they should really make an effort here...or they're not going to last.

[ Edited by: Conga Mike 2007-06-24 04:08 ]

Thanks for all the pictures.....we would kill in Sacramento to have a place like that!!! I will definitely hit it next time in Vegas. :tiki:

T

More lights, Dark ceiling = More better.

My wife and I just got back from 3 days in Las Vegas and we weren't there 30 minutes before we were having drinks at Tahiti Joe's. The prices were reasonable, the staff was great , but most of all they have got Tiki stuff and did it right! We really thought the menu looked good, so we came back the next night and hand fresh lobster (less than $30) and Stir-Fry Lobster (less then $20); it was excellent! We suggest you try this place when you come to Vegas. It is located on Las Vegas Blvd., just south of the 215 about a mile or so and is part of the Tahiti Village Resort. Try their signature drink; a couple of these will have you feeling GOOD!

The Drinks are now better, Pdrake gave them the beach bum Berry guide.....

Amy

Pages: 1 2 78 replies