Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New and Unique from Tiki Farm

Pages: 1 32 replies

Have you ever gotten frustrated trying to clean out some of your larger, more extravagantly designed Tiki mugs? I have! The Tiki Magazine mug, Pele, Martin, I Dream of Tiki, ALL decanters...

My pal Chongolio and I teamed up to bring you the solution. Currently in production and slated for debut this summer, we proudly bring you...

"Chongo; the Tiki Mug Bottle Brush Cleaner"

Cast resin diamond grip handle coupled up with the nicest quality bottle brush we could find. It'll be packaged featuring art by Chongolio.

Chongo says "I clean da Mug!"

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-03-29 19:43 ]

That is hysterical and absolutely perfect!!

D

You mean you should wash your mug after using it? Hmmmmmm explains why my drinks taste the way they do.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-03-15 12:15 ]

Phhfffffftttt! choke! hack! errr, nice fuzzy probe fellas...D-cells not included!!! :D
SWELLIGANT!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... "catch the buzz!"

M
Moki posted on Wed, Mar 14, 2007 10:26 PM

GENIUS!!! Friggin' Genius!!

The tiki answer to the Baby Bottle brush.... as a parent of two that brush has long been in our bar arsenal...

Fun! I have a bottle brush but it's NOT Tiki SO naturally it's a must have & No Jonesy it doesn't require D batteries ya nasty... but for the record I think it's "C" cells but don't say I said so :D

Is it big enough to use on the toilet? No, scratch that--I'll just buy this and get my toilet brush back from behind the bar.

S

The mystery to all the mug cleaning issues.. We forget that they were always thrown in the Hobart right after use and got cleaned by a big machine. Trying to do it by hand stinks! I have a mug with a bee lodged in it that I can never get out! Won't drink out of that.

A well needed item.

Ya-hoo! Chongolio (aka Randy "I designed the Ohana Hut") and Holden combine talents and come up with a winner!! I love it!

• Myke

How old are you if you didn't know how old you are??

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2007-03-15 07:53 ]

Makes a Great Back Scratcher too!
Congrats you two!
Always taking Tiki to the Absolute Limit!
Right on! :)

Well alrighty the cat is out of the sack. It has been a lot of fun workin with The Farm on this brush idea and quite an experience. Makedamug took a rough idea and brought it to the final product all the while helping to create what you see by making suggestions and giving valuable input. It's an honor to have been able to work with Holden and Tiki Farm. I am stoked to see the pictures and can't wait to see one in real life. Rumor has it they will be out some time in summer. Rumor also has it that these Chongo Brushes and a dab of baking soda will also get your chompers cleaner than you have ever known.

Thanks for the comments. I am glad to hear it bringin out some comedy and laughs already. The idea was brought about after one gamey swig to many out of one of my favorite mugs. No insects, just some wierd tasting sips.

Chongolio

P.S Batteries are not needed just some elbow grease.

P.S.S

On 2007-03-14 19:58, MakeDaMug wrote:
Chongo says "I clean da Mug!"

Yeah, I even come to your house and clean your mugs! (Multiple restrictions and conditions do apply and in some states might be unlawful.)

K

mug brush?
'bout time...it'll save me some money from constantly buying new ones to avoid the fuzzy stuff on the bottom of the dirty ones(I've started my own Penicillin farm). :lol:
can't wait to own one of those bad boys!
:drink:
K.

S

YAY! Chongo does it!! Ahhhhh....clean living!

They used to use smaller version of these for guys in the service who contracted "camp infections". Yeeee-ooowww!

That's a great idea and design. Since I don't really have a place to hang it I may use a tiki mug as a stand to keep it next to the sink.

I heard a rumor that there's a whole line of cleaning products in the works from our favorite tiki artists...

T

I don't drink too much, but why didn't I think of this. Just a week ago, I was sqeezing my big hand in to reach the bottom.. Nearly colapping my hand and still never reached. Didn't really taste the difference will all that stuff left at the bottom.

I'm in price negotiations with my factory on this. I've made some resin pieces in the past (jewelry, magnets, King Konga, C'Al pole & litle idols) but I've never made anything close to this in terms of volume. What I'm hoping is that you all can give me some feedback of what you feel a fair retail price for this would be, clamshell packaged with 4-color art backing. C'mon, please don't throw out #'s like $1.99 or $29.99. I have a guesstimate of what I want to sell this for (and as always, I want to put it out at a very fair price), but I'd appreciate any input. It will help in my negotiations. As there's really nothing even close to this in the retail market, I can't offer up anything to base the price on.
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-03-17 18:42 ]

Im thinking no more than $12 with the price point probably being closer to $9.99

I would think it would also need a little rubber tip on the wire ends as not to scratch the inside of the mug.

Dean

I agree with Monkeyman...ballpark of $9.99 is fair. Most high grade brushes will run around 7 bucks with a twisted stainless wire handle...so add $3 for "Tiki Fun Factor" it's a good deal! Right in line with average low price of Tiki Farm mugs.

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

:tiki: Now what to do with the "clam shell packaging and four color graphics" ??? (IDEA) *Cut eye and mouth holes and add a rubberband...IT's A FREE TIKI MASK!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yo, TJ...Your a madman...Lookin forward to seein you as the "Luchador Tikiman" at the next event. (Big Luv 4 ya Jonsey)
I will definitely back the $9.99 to $12.99 price range.. That seems to be right on point.

:tiki: FEAR THE BEARDED CLAM-shell!!! :tiki:

Luv'n right backatcha fBalls! GRRRrrr!!! ~Luchador El Jonesey

U

Between $12-15, especially if it's hand painted.
The handle would make a cool mug as well.

[ Edited by: unklefun 2007-03-17 21:06 ]

The Boston Warehouse line of plastic character utensils range from around $8-$20, though the paint op is much more simplified or non-existant in some cases than what you've shown. Could be helpful as a point of reference for your pricing. Target carries some of the line if you are not familiar:

http://www.target.com/gp/search.html/601-5307893-7384925?field-keywords=boston+warehouse&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0

Cool Product!..
I was thinking it may not need the "clamshell" package but simply tie it of to a backing card.. you could put some "instructions", barcode etc on the back and maybe a recipe,
Here's a quick packaging concept i whipped up...

On 2007-03-17 22:31, Tiki Trav wrote:
Cool Product!..
I was thinking it may not need the "clamshell" package but simply tie it of to a backing card.. you could put some "instructions", barcode etc on the back and maybe a recipe,
Here's a quick packaging concept i whipped up...

That's a great suggestion Trav. It's actually the direction that I gave the factory but they have the tooling/machining capability in place to do the clamshell. I'm still gonna outsource in that direction but if the price difference is slight, I'll go w/the clamshell.

I really liked the Original Concept for this Mug Brush...
but I guess Tiki Faces sell better than Chongolio faces!

Hey! No monkey business on this thread.... whoops too late. Dang!

I am watchin' you... I am watchin' ALL of you. You can't have that many eyes and not use them!

K

On 2007-03-19 08:31, Chongolio wrote:
Hey! No monkey business on this thread.... whoops too late. Dang!

I am watchin' you... I am watchin' ALL of you. You can't have that many eyes and not use them!

Oooo, Chongo!
waddaya gonna do, make a list like the one GROG has?!? Can I be #1 on that list too? puhleeze??? :D
i thought you liked monkeys...
:lol:
K.

That design is sick!! Make a mug out of it already!

better yet... I like this idea, a package deal, both items maybe a small matching soap dispenser. I would store the brush in the matching mug on my sink top. The brush by it's self, I'm thinking $8.99?

Pages: 1 32 replies