Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New web site for Kon Tiki (And you can now buy stuff!)

Pages: 1 23 replies

Kon Tiki here in Tucson has just re-launched their web site, designed by the mosaic-crazy duo from Velvet Glass (that would be us).

Unfortunately it's not quite all finished yet. They are waiting for some new merchandise to arrive before they start selling anything. When the new goodies do arrive, hopefully within the next few weeks, the folks on TC will be the first to know.

At that time you'll be able to get your hands on the infamous mug that good ol' Doug Horne designed for their re-dedication bash last year. Yes, Louie still has a limited number of these baby's left and they are strictly one to a customer/shipping address.

When all the new stuff does arrive you will be able to order directly from them by calling the bar. Please understand that they are a working bar and restaurant and sometimes when it's busy it's really hard to take orders over the phone.

In the mean time you can get your fix by going here http://www.kontiki-tucson.com/

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2007-07-03 13:05 ]

WooHooo!! What a Tiki-rrfic Website :)

C

Wow - Great improvements to the website!!! Nice artwork & some great shots of the inside, too.
What, no shots of the new men's room?! :wink:

Happy to say I got my Doug Horne mug last weekend when we met up with the Cheeyhalf in Tucson. (Fabulous host/hostess, btw - do look them up if you'll be in Tucson!) The mug is REALLY cool & I was shocked to find them still available - get them while you can!!

WH, thanks and we'll see you guys at Tiki Farm.

Croe, actually we literally just got back from a quick cheeky half at KT and are happy to report that the Mens room is now done and the Ladies will be ready by next weekend. Just in time for Ernie Menehune's next show on Sunday the 25th.

m&m

Great job you two! Just got a chance to take a look at the re-design, and I really like it. Some great shots in the gallery too. I really like the daytime ones taken with no people inside and natural lighting.

Keep up the great work! Louie owes you two free drinks for life!

Hopefully I'll see you on the 25th.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Yeah, photographing that place is tricky. There's almost no natural light apart from the 3 skylights and the brief moment when someone walks in or staggers out and cracks open the front door. Only adds to the atmosphere. Getting a shot with no customers is easy though. You just gotta go in and start dinking, I mean photographing, at 11.

Hope to see you and 'Becca on Sunday. Ernie will be disappointed if you're not up front again. You know how he likes you....

M&M

F
Fugu posted on Mon, Mar 26, 2007 4:37 PM

The new website looks great! I'm so excited that the mugs and bowls will be available for ordering soon. I've been dying for one of those bowls ever since I saw the wax sculpt for it on the Tiki Farm website.

Does anybody know when they will get their online store up and running?

I would love to buy some of their merchandise.

They are waiting on some new stuff to arrive, including a very sweet bowling style shirt that we got a sneak peek at last night at Ernie Menehune's show.
I can't give you an exact date, but it should be 'soon'......or soon-ish.

Will keep you posted.

ch

Will there be anything in there on the ghost??

The KTT Ghost Rocks!

( just a quickie before 24! more later!!)

F
Fugu posted on Thu, Apr 26, 2007 9:40 PM

Any word yet on when the webstore might be up and running?

BT

I enjoyed visiting Kon Tiki in Tucson about 2 weeks ago.

This is a great Tiki bar with excellent BBQ ribs, if you don't want all that alcohol going to your head right away.

I found the decor endearingly old & original, and any dust around the edges just attests to a level of authen tiki ty. Best feature of the decor was making the ceiling light fixtures resemble glass net floats.

Considerable choice of drinks, good variety, and, as all things in Tucson, excellent value for money.

Well Kon Tiki finally got their shirts together, so you can buy some stuff from their web site. They are very traditional and don't have a fancy online ordering system in place so you gotta do it the old fashioned way and call them on the telephone. Please understand that they are a working bar and restaurant and sometimes when it's busy it's really hard to take orders over the phone.

The link to the web site is http://www.kontiki-tucson.com/

Mahalo!

R

KEWL! That scorpion bowl and scorpion bowl t-shirt are both MUST HAVE items! :D

[ Edited by: Rattiki 2007-07-04 04:40 ]

I really like the Gallery! I am planning to be down there next spring and am looking forward to checking out the Kon Tiki.

My mom's friend (baby boomer) said that it used to be a pretty popular college hangout.

G
Ghost posted on Sun, Jul 8, 2007 3:15 PM

Love the site and the new merchandise. I think I'll be placing an order very soon. Kon-Tiki will always have a special place in my heart. Haven't been there in almost a year (what with living in California and all) but it looks like my ladyfriend and I may be returning shortly. Upon seeing the new merchandise available, she turned to me and said "August?" August indeed...

I

Here is the link to an article on the Kon-Tiki, from the Arizona Star newspaper.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/ent_index/192101

I love the Kon-Tiki, but I wish they would remove their Limited Edition Rededication Tiki Mug from their web store. It isn't available. I've tried in person and on the phone. Otherwise, its great to see them up and running so well. Now if only the Mai Kai would have an e-store.

Gotta make it there some day....looks great. Gonna order the scorpion bowl. :)

Telescopes, the Limited Edition Rededication Tiki Mug is still available. They have only a very few left but as of this posting they absolutely positively have some. Try calling the bar during the daytime and if possible get to speak to Louis, Marcos or Kelly. They seem to have the best handle on things. Good luck.

Vamp, look forward to seeing you down here some day.

ch

Cheeky Half:

Thanks for the update. I called right away and am waiting a call. Here's hoping.

Ya hooo! I got my call back, many days later... and the very last mug is now on its way to my house. The Kon Tiki rules.

G

Was just at Kon-Tiki recently (Sept 8th) and from what the waitress told me they are now totally out of stock with no idea on if/when they will restock on mugs. I'll call them in a few days just to make sure.

I believe the Kon Tiki is totally sold out of the Doug Horne Limited Edition Mug and there won't be any more as it was 'Limited'. They should still have their usual mugs, shot glass and scorpion bowl however. Hope this clarifies things.

ch

Pages: 1 23 replies