Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

My 100th post-thank you Tiki Central

Pages: 1 0 replies

I was a lurker in the forums for about one year. I stumbled across Tiki Central after I purchased my tiki bar, looking to see if I could locate one similar to identify the manufacturer and possibly find out when it was made. Here I was introduced to a wide spectrum of tiki culture and the eagerness of fellow collectors willing to share information. During that time I read the threads and looked at some amazing pictures of tiki and art.

I felt compelled to introduce myself after I read in one of the threads someone had posted about people “lurking” but not participating. This was my first and only experience in participating in a discussion board and after my introduction, I immediately felt like I belonged to something important and meaningful.

Nearly everyone has been polite, kind and non-condescending. There has been some tongue-in-cheek humor at times and some harsh criticism at others. I came here to learn about something I really care about and I have learned a lot. More than I ever thought I would. I have had the opportunity to meet some extraordinary people along the way, both in the threads and at two local events and that would have never happened if it hadn’t been for this forum.

I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me learn so much more than I could have imagined. I am going to go away for awhile, but I will be back from time to time to check on things.

PTD

Pages: 1 0 replies