Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

project: pitcairn...finally done!! come see pics pg. 3!!

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

Thanks for all the kind words folks!!

Yo Tipsy!!!! What R these Chairs runnin? $$$$$ ? This one is a Beauty. Cant wait to see the rest, as they come out!! We'll see U this June, Bro!! fBalls

Wow, nice work! That's a fantastic piece of creativity, thanks for posting the pictures!

That is definitely amazing....so kitschy and nostalgic. I love it. :D

Z

Tipsy - Your stuff is great. You've got some serious creative tiki mojo.

Zulu

thanks again, !! it was great to share the unfolding of this with you all....

Looks great! But is it comfortable?

On 2007-06-06 11:16, finkdaddy wrote:
Looks great! But is it comfortable?

it ain't exactly a bed of nails!!....it's no more or less comfortable than any other chair you may have in your house....it's an art piece, and though it is quite functional as far as a chair goes, i wouldn't want to use it in place of you favorite chair in the house as the wear and tear over time will reduce it from artwork to "needs work" in a short time and at what this will be selling for in the gallery, you wouldn't want to place it in harms way....

L
Limey posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2007 3:12 PM

Gotta tell ya. that is too kool for skool. Are you trying to start a new religion with that shrine. Amazing.!

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2007 3:52 PM

I see it says hotel and motel. Which one was it? Hotel, motel, you sure wouldn't want to do a Holiday Inn (Sign)

On 2007-06-06 15:52, teaKEY wrote:
I see it says hotel and motel. Which one was it? Hotel, motel, you sure wouldn't want to do a Holiday Inn (Sign)

actually, funny you should mention it...i do plan building a holiday inn sign...it was one of my favorites from childhood. I'm even gonna duplicate the running lites and the starburst lite movement via an electronic chip board with led's..i have a friend that builds and designs arcade games for his own company...he's gonna jump on board and do some electronics for these.....I may even redo the pitcairn as a wall hanging sign which lights up and will actually have the torches neon flicker using the same technology.

..as for the motel and hotel part...kinda weird....my guess is that the original hotel sign was there from the begining and that there was something else in place of the motel part....i suspect it may have containd the name of the lounge in the hotel and once closed, there was no need to advertise it so they probably slapped the word motel up there in place of it, thus the sign has both....this is just a guess though.....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-06-06 16:10 ]

HC

Tipsy, you have a handle on that retro/modern design.......absolutely fabulous design!.....rooms by the hour?.....I wouldn't want to sit on it as ya can't see it then....soon you can open your own chain of chairs

bump!!

reviving this thread cause some folks were interested in seeing the chair....

T

Dude, that is completely awesome (and don't know how I possibly missed this thread originally)!
Must admit I wish I thought of it - although I'd have to wish for a house with a garage or basement to do it in first! (along with tools, etc.... probably couldn't do this with a set of chisels, phillips-head and a stapler)
Although this is sparking up a lot of my own ideas!
Can't wait to see more!

Pages: 1 2 61 replies