Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New. Headhunter Trophy Skull and More.

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

I like the way those clouds transition into the Maori pattern, cool!

background detail is amazing really cool. so whats next?

T
Tabu posted on Sun, Feb 3, 2013 12:44 PM

Aloha.
Mad dog and LLT thanks a bunch.
AnthonyMaye, thanks and here is what's next.
This was my first time using gauche as a medium in many, many years. I started with a pencil sketch. Then I transferred the sketch onto a board which I first hit with the propane torch. Really enjoyed this one and I still may add some flowers or feathers to fill it out a bit. The skull and trimmings still need a little work as well.
Also at the bottom is a non Tiki commission I did back at the end of the summer for a play station at our town fair. The fossils were buried in sand so kids could dig them up. Wish I'd had the time to take some latex molds of them before painting and delivery.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers.

a

Me like...

Those fossils looks awesome! Very realistic

E

Loving that headhunter skull

T
Tabu posted on Sun, Feb 3, 2013 3:56 PM

Hang 10, Mad Dog and Elgarbo- Thanks for the props. I should have mentioned that the fossil plaques were made from a product called Winterstone. Not sure if it is available in the States or just Canada at this time. It is a concrete that you can mix to a consistency which you can sculpt with. Once mixed it is a lot like pottery clay or wet clay. You can even add bronze powder to it and patina the surface. Nice stuff. Doing those gave me ideas for next summer when I can get back outside to work. Not so into the minus temps.

Freakishly amazing! Rocking it, no doubt about it!

Pages: 1 2 55 replies