Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Musical Bonanza! April 14, Napa Valley: APE, King Kukulele, Maikai Gents, Wine & BBQ-Photos Added

Pages: 1 23 replies

This just in from wine country, should be a doozy:

Judd’s Hill Musical Bonanza!

You’re invited to join us for the 1st Annual Judd’s Hill Musical Bonanza on Saturday, April 14 here at Judd's Hill Napa Valley. Proceeds will benefit Arts Council Napa Valley, a non-profit organization that supports arts education and development.

The live music will have a swingin’ island theme as we welcome to our stage the old-time Hawaiian sounds The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa (in a special 5th anniversary show); the tropical rockin’ and live tiki carving of APE; and the hilarious ukulele stylings of King Kukulele.

Your taste buds will be delighted by the most delectable grilled victuals prepared by our own chef, National Champion Barbecuer, Pat Burke.

Our latest releases will be in abundant supply, and we’ll celebrate the debut of our 2005 Old Vine Zinfandel. A perfect BBQ companion!

The Bonanza begins at noon and will go until 4PM at Judd’s Hill, Napa Valley. This will be a magnificent opportunity to see our new winery on the Silverado Trail amidst the verdant vines.

Judd's Hill Wine Club member ticket price is $70 for this full day of entertainment, food and wine. The price for non-members will be $85. To join the Wine Club and get the special pricing, visit http://www.juddshill.com

To confirm your reservation, give us a call at 707-255-2332 and speak to Pat.

Looking forward to seeing you here in April!

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki 2007-04-16 10:44 ]

OOOOOOHHHHH!!! If I didn't already have something planned, I would be goin' here in a red hot minute!

I just ordered my tickets to this jam packed event. Wow... APE, Maikai Gents, AND the King... plus food and wine. I hear there are only 150 tickets available and they are about half way sold out. Don't wait too long if you plan to attend.

Anyone else planning on going??

Aloha!

• Myke
MT

Dilemma! This is the same day as Tiki Farm's big parking lot sale thingy, which I've been planning on going to for a while now. Hmmmmm, gonna hafta do some thinkin'!

On 2007-03-23 15:43, Mai Tai wrote:
Dilemma! This is the same day as Tiki Farm's big parking lot sale thingy, which I've been planning on going to for a while now. Hmmmmm, gonna hafta do some thinkin'!

Yup! This time of the year starts the double dating of Tiki events from now all through the summer! :cry:

:music: How many can claim having The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa, APE; and King Kukulele all at ONE EVENT AND Award winning wines, and National Champion Barbecuer, Pat Burke and donates the proceeds to a great cause? :music: :o

Mrs.Mojo and I will be there and while the "official" word on TIKI HUNTER vending is not yet out, (permits and such), we WILL have the Tiki Cruiser there filled with products from GECKO, Crazy Al, (Maybe if yer nice he'll sign something for ya?), custom Tiki jewelry by Mrs.Mojo and much more! (Might have to buy 'um outa the Cruiser in the parking lot but we'll see)! :wink:

We'll even mark down the New GECKO Pendants to just $10 each for this event.
How ever you look at it this show gives you more BANG for your buck and it goes to a great cause! :D

I heard that C'Al's

new costume is gonna be

a Wino!!!

On 2007-03-26 19:04, RevBambooBen wrote:
I heard that C'Al's

new costume is gonna be

a Wino!!!

Yea Ben,

That's the costume we'll all be wearin' to this event!

How uncouth of us is it to put a paper umbrella in our wine glass? :P
Well, it's a Tiki Event isn't it!

Hey, this looks like its going to be a lot of fun. Judd's Hill is a great place for a luau and the food is going to be top nocth. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there...or at least 150 of you. See you at Judd's Hill.

UB

On 2007-03-27 18:30, Dr.TikiMojo wrote:
How uncouth of us is it to put a paper umbrella in our wine glass? :P

Fresh Wine

Anyone trying decide between events happening on the same day, besides the previously mentioned list of top notch musical acts, award winning wines and the best BBQ, all in the beautiful heart of the Napa Valley - Mrs.Mojo will be doing some sales of Tiki Mugs by GECKO, (You can drink fine wine out of a Tiki Mug!), collectibles by Crazy Al, hand made jewelry by Mrs.Mojo and other fun items.
No Guerantees that this guy is going to make it to the BBQ...

...but these guys WILL and it's always fun! :D

oh, yea and did we mention it's for a "charitable cause"! :o
ONLY A FEW TICKETS LEFT AND JUST OVER A WEEK AWAY!!

**JUST SIX DAYS REMAINING!! :D

IF THERE ARE ANY TICKETS LEFT YOU HAVE JUST A FEW DAYS TO GET YOURS!

I WAS OUT AT THE WINERY TODAY CHECKING OUT THE AREA, IT'S GONNA BE FUN! :) **

Thanks, Dr. for your enthusiasm. It will indeed be a grand day of wine, food and entertainment. Alana Moana Beach Parks, bass player for The Maikai Gents, will be debuting his handmade tiki Adirondack chairs on Saturday. He's a master woodworker and is just venturing into the tiki genre. I'll post some photos of 'em soon. Until then... keep having fun!
-Weird Unc

H

We are so there. It's a bit of a drive for us, but this is way too good to miss. See you tomorrow in beautiful Napa!

So excellent to hear you two will be there, Humu!!! We have 4 tickets and were hoping to see other TC'ers there. Take the scenic route and you won't be disappointed on the trip. Good to see you in our neck of the woods... or vines, as the case might be.

• Myke

Great to know you'll be joining in on the festivities, Humuhumu. It'll be happening rain or shine! If anyone else cares to partake in this special event, PLEASE call the winery to reserve a spot as the it's just about at capacity. Mahalo!

-Weird Unc

WOW!!

What an AMAZING event!! Like Tiki Oasis NorCal!!

After I shot 450 photos I narrowed it down to these to give those of you who missed it a taste....remember, there's always next year!

The Beautiful Napa Valley...we saw a rainbow just after we had heard the wonderful Don Ho had passed away that day. :cry:

King Kukulele kicked things into gear!

...and comes out into the audience!

The Smooth Hawaiian sounds of the MAI KAI GENTS!

and your host for the evening!

Alana Moana Beach Parks, bass player for The Maikai Gents, handmade tiki Adirondack chairs

The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

Humu and Hanford go bottoms up for the ol' Hawaiian Drinking Song!!

Our Hula dancer for this evening!

RETURN OF THE KING!

Always good with the kids - The King and his back up singers!

And a fine wine it is!

Teach the children well!!

Crazy Al and King Kukulele jam!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN......APE!!

Al searches for the Tiki hidden within the Palm Log.

Oh, there it is!!

Crazy Al gets things movin' while dancing with Humu

Holly is pouring wine at the Tiki Bar!

Still chipping away!

I dare you to try to dance like this!

Otto and son say, "Look at the silly man!"

The devil's in the details...what the heck does that mean anyway?

Suddenly, Crazy Al Voodoo Man appears on stage!

Talk about "sing up a storm", when Al did his witch doctor dance through the audience thunder started in the background...really!

Chef to Judd's Hill Winery, National Champion Barbecuer, Pat Burke.

The finished Tiki from the Palm.

It even has a JH for Judd's Hill carved on it....but if you have the initials JH ya better start countin' your bucks cause rumor has it that this bad boy will be auctioned off and the proceeds will benefit Arts Council Napa Valley, a non-profit organization that supports arts education and development.

Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for the pictures DrTM. Good to hear that this will happen again next year....definitely gonna try to make it then. :)

For those that missed the event, maybe the Napa Valley doesn't seem tropical enough for a "Tiki themed" party?
But then you've probably never heard of.....

NAPA NUI the Napa Valley Volcano!! :D

The 4 Amigos:
weirduncletiki, Otto, King Kukulele, Will the Thrill

Crazy Al offers his newly carved Tiki up to the spirits of the vine and Don Ho for a blessing!

TM

Wow, must have been a cool event! If I lived up north, I would have been totally there.

Some of those pictures, with the wierd tanks in the background make it look like the bands were playing on the set of Logan's run. Very cool!

CL

The event looks like it was amazing. We would have loved to attend. Next one hopefully. Dr. TikiMojo, your pictures are beautiful. And the rainbow after Don Ho's announcement, incredible. Thank you so much for posting them for all to enjoy. What a splendid day it seemed to be indeed.

CA

Wow! nice pics!!

fantastic folks.... great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was such a fun event -- it's always a deluxe time at Chez Judd, and adding such fantastic music & people into the mix was beautiful overkill. And the food! Oh my god. So good. And the wine! Judd's Hill wines really are delicious, I can't get enough.

Great to see so many friendly & familiar faces, and to spend a bit of time with SoCal performers Crazy Al & King Kukulele. After the event, we couldn't help but swing by Forbidden Island, and we successfully dragged King Kukulele along with us -- which turned out great, because Mr. Smiley & Boo Loo were there, and Martin worked a half shift and was able to join us! Just a fantastic day all around.

Dr. Tiki Mojo's pics are so fantastic, so I won't post mine here, but here's a whole gallery of them if you'd like to see them:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/juddshillbonanza/

Looking forward to next year already!

P

Just another log on the "I hate Californians and all their fun" fire.

Thanks for the pics.

Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo! What a fine day of wine, food, music, friends and fun! It sure was a blast and we raised a few clams for a good cause. Thanks for the pix, Doc & Humu and thanks to Tikiwinebear for paving the way to wine enjoyment from tiki mugs. Great stuff! Let's do it again soon.

-Weird Unc

Pages: 1 23 replies