Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

The Bum is back in June!

Pages: 1 26 replies

RB

Beachbum Berry's "Sippin' Safari"! Here's the image from the e-mail announcement from SLG Publishing:

10% off pre-order here: http://www.clubtiki.com/

:drink: :)

T

Awesome, can't wait! Looking forward to his seminar at Tiki Oasis, too. For those who went to his last seminar, how was it? What did he cover?

S

I was about to pre-order, and then I thought I better wait and see if I can get it from his very hand at Hukilau! The seminar there last year was great. It really explained what went into the recipes in the beginning, and what it took for him to uncover those recipes again for his books. Very well done.

G

Gee, I thought the best part was the numerous free drink samples.

Seriously, the seminar was great and I can't wait for the next one in June. And for da new book.

Thanks for the link...pre-ordered. Looking forward to it. :drink:

H

I am really liking the picture of the zombie in the bar. I wish I could get a large poster of this picture.

Excellent! I contributed a couple of images to this book, so I've been anxiously awaiting its release.

Are they ever going to re-release a beachbum berry mug like on the ad?

O

I'm looking forward to the expanded story of the Mai Tai in Sippin Safari.

O
Otto posted on Tue, Apr 3, 2007 11:31 PM

On 2007-03-23 06:32, Swanky wrote:
I was about to pre-order, and then I thought I better wait and see if I can get it from his very hand at Hukilau!

Beachbum will also be giving his legendary seminar at Oasis August 18, 2007 and will be selling and singing books there (if you can wait that long!)

I know that for tikibars, if you buy his book(s) directly from him, he makes substantially more than if from any other source.

Does anybody know if this is/will be the same for Jeff? Can anybody ask him? I'll be happy to wait 'til Hukilau if so.

(I cannot WAIT for the next Sippin' Safari Seminar! I loved the last one - wonderful even if I HADN'T had several tasty samples....and then a few more...)
F

On 2007-04-09 10:27, Formikahini wrote:
I know that for tikibars, if you buy his book(s) directly from him, he makes substantially more than if from any other source.

Does anybody know if this is/will be the same for Jeff? Can anybody ask him? I'll be happy to wait 'til Hukilau if so.

Other than appearances, I don't think he sells them directly anyway, so probably not? If you look on Jeff Berry's new blog site, his post about the new book has a link that takes you to the SLG publishing site to pre-order the book. And the links on his site to buy his older books take you to Bosko's site. So, I guess that answers your question. Personally, I think I'll wait til the seminar because he will have some to sell and sign there. Otherwise, if you pre-order and it doesn't arrive before Hukilau, you won't be able to get it signed.

(I cannot WAIT for the next Sippin' Safari Seminar! I loved the last one - wonderful even if I HADN'T had several tasty samples....and then a few more...)

I second that. The last one was terrific. See you there!

S

I asked the Bum this very question yesterday. Pre-Order or get from him at Hukilau? I'll let you know his answer.

S

Answer is...

"pre-ordering is the way to go, as I'm not sure how many books I'll have with me at Hukilau."

I am looking forward to the Book and the seminar at Tiki Oasis.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

weeks away, can't wait to try new old recipes

K

OK - I'm done with waiting for Sippin' Safari, but the book is not even listed at Borders or Barnes and Noble. Is it going to have a very limited distribution? I know it's on Amazon, but I'm a bricks and mortar kind of guy - I want me hands on it!

P

I ordered some from Slave Labor Publishing.

So those in the Alameda,Ca can put in a request for one . If they want . I'll give

them a call when they show up at my store.

Got my copy in the mail today.
Absolutely phenominal. Beautifully shot! Have just read a couple of pages, the Beachbum has really upped the anty with this one. Now to start trying out the new recipes.

S

Got mine yesterday too. Wow. Just flipping through it is exciting! A whole new book idea for The Bum and I can't wait to start devouring the words!

RB

Mine arrived yesterday, too! Plus Tiki Road Trip II arrived Monday...what a week!

I got my copy Yesterday and it jumps from page 104 to 121. Anybody else have a copy that's missing pages?

S

Page 105-120 is in my copy.

Thanks Swanky. I emailed SLG Publishing and hope they send me a complete copy.

S

Started reading last night and I love it. The Bum tells it straight. Very refreshing.

K
keola posted on Sat, Jun 23, 2007 8:44 PM

What a great book! I just finished it. Haven't tried any of the new drinks yet, but the Bum notes that Trader Vic's passion fruit syrup stopped using real passion fruit as of printing time. Yikes!

K
Klas posted on Wed, Jun 27, 2007 2:07 AM

Still waiting for my copy to arrive but really look forward to it.

On 2007-06-23 20:44, keola wrote:
Haven't tried any of the new drinks yet, but the Bum notes that Trader Vic's passion fruit syrup stopped using real passion fruit as of printing time. Yikes!

Fortunately Monin still uses real passion fruit in their syrup.

Pages: 1 26 replies