Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Finkdaddy's Hibiscus Moai

Pages: 1 5 replies

[Moai walks out onto the catwalk]
Just in time for spring, Moai shows off his newest head accessory, a beautiful hibiscus bloom!
[Oohs, aahs, and clapping]

[Moai pauses, spins around, and returns backstage]
[Clapping and whistling]

:roll:
Ok, I'm sorry about that. I know it was cheesey.
He doesn't have a chord yet in these pics because I'm using him for a mold, but he'll have a chord with a carved bone toggle too. Just PM me if you're interested.

Mahalo!

T

I think if you did a full 3-d sculpt of this Moai, you would change something about it. But it seems to be the style that your committing to. I said the last two ago looks good enough to eat, cause it looked just like an animal cracker. That toasty look.

Thanks TeaKEY. :)

Are you saying that my style has been 2D, or that I should change it to 3D?

I wonder if you could make some thin cookie batter and pour it into a mold?
Sounds delicious!

Hmmm, are there any tiki cookie cutters? I think this type of design would work better as a butter mold type device. To be back on topic though that is one nice looking moai.

T

I was just noticing the Grog-like Brow on this guy. The last one looks almost Hawaiian but this one wouldn't really in able to see. Turn it on its side, look into its eyes, and if you can't see the eyes, he can't see you. Its cool, I almost treat tiki designs as if they are living. Everything has to function.

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Mar 23, 2007 6:42 PM

Love the mouth Fink. That's a brave little line. I hope he finds a new home quickly.

-G

Pages: 1 5 replies