Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Kahiki Fireplace Tribute Mug - Sold Out!

Pages: 1 2 3 133 replies

Here's the art direction. Color values still need to be assigned to the eyes & other art but this is the direction in general.

S

Thanks Holden! Skweeed too beeezy to be playin around in photoshop....well except maybe to make fun of other TC artists, and Kirby.

W

If you're shipping one of them to Germany, too....please put me on your list, too.

Wolli

T

Thanks for photoshopping the artwork onto the mug, Holden. I was trying to do the same thing (plus add colors), but I messed it up and then lost it all. Squid must have really tiny crayons to get in between all those lines!

Wolli, these will be available to the world, so no worries about getting one. Mahalo!

On 2007-03-26 03:58, tikigreg wrote:

On 2007-03-26 01:18, Rattiki wrote:
Wow! This is such a cool idea for an amazing cause! I'm just worried that I'll miss the 48 hour window in my sometimes too busy life, could you send e-mails to those who request it maybe?

I believe Holden already plans on sending out an announcement prior to the sales date, but if not, I will make a list of those that want an email for a heads-up.

SWEET! Another list! Put me on it. I know The Farm will send an email blast but I like to be on lists...

Most excellent design and execution! I await word when they become available, Holden.

• Myke

On 2007-03-29 17:16, Daves Not Home wrote:

Wow! This is such a cool idea for an amazing cause! I'm just worried that I'll miss the 48 hour window in my sometimes too busy life, could you send e-mails to those who request it maybe?

I believe Holden already plans on sending out an announcement prior to the sales date, but if not, I will make a list of those that want an email for a heads-up.

SWEET! Another list! Put me on it. I know The Farm will send an email blast but I like to be on lists...

Oh! right on Brother with yo badself hook me up, list away! :D

On 2007-03-29 18:45, Hiphipahula wrote:

THERE'S NO LIST!!!

T

THERE'S NO LIST!!!

There's no list HERE, but there is one at Tiki Farm, so head over to their home page and subscribe to get notice of this mug release. You'll be glad you did!

S

Generosity is the owners right to give and no ones to question.

D

So I am on this list makedamug started? I can bench my own body weight if that helps.
The mug is great. Thanks to everyone who put it together to help save a piece of our "tiki history"
If any of you are not on the Tiki Farm mailing list get on it. You will get the latest info on what's new from the farm.

I just did a TC search, I still can't find that damn list.

T

On 2007-03-30 13:28, Unga Bunga wrote:
I just did a TC search, I still can't find that damn list.

Keep looking, you'll find it! And let us know when you do!

JT

Please add my name to the list also (ex Columbus resident)

Did someone mention a list? WOW!!! A list, gotta get me on one of those!!! That mug looks grate, geddit? Grate! Fire grate? Please yourselves. He'll look gr(e)at(e) on the mantlepiece above the fireplace here at Tiki Towers. Oh! We don't have a mantle piece. What? Beachcomber Sian, my beloved, has just informed me we don't even have a fireplace! Whoa, this global warming is worse than I thought! Still if I get one of these, we WILL have a fireplace - This tiki stuff never ceases to amaze me!

All the Best from Tiki Towers folks! - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

H

On 2007-03-30 14:30, Jax Tiki wrote:
Please add my name to the list also (ex Columbus resident)

You'll need to add yourself to the list.

?

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-04-03 10:56 ]

I got your list.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................HANGIN'!!!!!!!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 30, 2007 6:47 PM

Nobody respects lists anymore, bastards!

K

...did someone say list???

:lol:
K.

D

Way too drab, even with the decals.

T

On 2007-04-03 07:20, Dimethios wrote:

The gray of the mug was color-matched using the Pantone system, so the gray you see is the same as the actual fireplace.

The mug will really stand out once the decal colors are added. Just wait! :)

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2007-04-04 04:03 ]

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Apr 3, 2007 8:49 AM

I got a message from the list today, but wondered if there was a firm date other than what was on the list message? Is that date from the mailing list message for the Fireplace mug really correct?

[ Edited by: Swanky 2007-04-03 08:50 ]

TT

I'm down with that. Email me, email me..

T

On 2007-04-03 08:49, Swanky wrote:
I got a message from the list today, but wondered if there was a firm date other than what was on the list message? Is that date from the mailing list message for the Fireplace mug really correct?

Swanky,

I didn't get the list message, so I'm not sure what it stated. There is no firm release date yet, but it should be this spring sometime.

R

On 2007-03-29 19:36, MakeDaMug wrote:

THERE'S NO LIST!!!

What's that on the upper lefthand side of your homepage?

Join the Tiki Farm
Mailing List!

M

On 2007-04-04 05:23, Rattiki wrote:

On 2007-03-29 19:36, MakeDaMug wrote:

THERE'S NO LIST!!!

What's that on the upper lefthand side of your homepage?

Join the Tiki Farm
Mailing List!

It's the upper right hand and it's our opt-in email list. If you don't know about it until now and don't know left from right... this is my last correspondence with you ever... man...!!! :)

M

We had to match the pantone to keep it honest... which is concrete. Concrete is inarguably drab - just check out your sidewalk. We coulda made it magenta or somethin' but we're going for accuracy.
Mahaloz!
Holden

HC

tikigreg ...one HUGE VOLCANO sized THANK YOU!......your efforts are amazing...and Holden,Squid and all you T. C.ers for your work as well That is one fantastic mug!......be CLEAR that I spent my time and money because of what the Kahiki ment to so many.....I just happened to be there ! ( when else could I "stay the excution" "save the drowning baby" "over whelm the hijackers" ?).....okay , a little over dramatic....but this was one crazy and wonderful mission.....I never asked for financial help in the restoration.....
I am amazed at the generous support of the OH ANA... the fireplace will soon be out from under snow covered tarps and drawn into plans......Vermont WILL have and you will have a share in it's resurrection! I dedicate a toast to you all now and promise to keep you apprised of progress. .....do you think HGTV or something similar might wanna film this ? .....is there an architect in the lounge?

Mahalo ! !

[ Edited by: Hula Cat 2009-08-18 09:52 ]

T

Alright folks, after much hard work on Holden's part, I am pleased to post photos of the finished Kahiki Tribute Mug!

These should be available by the end of August through the Tiki Farm web site. Pricing will be in the $25 range. It will be a limited edition of 500.

The proceeds from the sales will go toward the restoration of the fireplace, so your purchase will be helping to preserve one of the greatest Polynesian Pop icons, along with its history.

Mahalo, and let us know what you think!

[Edited to update sale and edition number info.]

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2007-08-06 13:23 ]

BB

On 2007-06-09 07:56, tikigreg wrote:
Mahalo, and let us know what you think!

I think It's awesome and I can't wait to get one.

Very cool!

I've actually held this mug in my own hands when I was at the Farm last week, and I gotta tell ya, it's a truly wonderful mug! It's looks much better in person than any photo and you'll be sorry if you don't get one. So make sure you get on the list! :D

8T

Awesome mug for sure. I guess those are decals because I remember how much trouble the red glaze caused the Farm on the Shag Wahaku Warrior.

I once was lost............but now I'm found

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2007-06-09 13:53 ]

Great Project, I love people doing "good Things" Looking forward to having one.

T

On 2007-06-09 10:35, Tiki Lee's wrote:
I've actually held this mug in my own hands when I was at the Farm last week, and I gotta tell ya, it's a truly wonderful mug! It's looks much better in person than any photo and you'll be sorry if you don't get one. So make sure you get on the list! :D

''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Yous betters makes sures i'ms ons thats list

R

On 2007-04-04 21:33, MakeDaMug wrote:

We had to match the pantone to keep it honest... which is concrete. Concrete is inarguably drab - just check out your sidewalk. We coulda made it magenta or somethin' but we're going for accuracy.
Mahaloz!
Holden

Yeah but from the pix I have of the actual fireplace in the Kahiki it seems to be lit up so it doesn't look khaki, more a lovely bluish tint. So can you make mine a bit bluer so it looks more authentic, I want to have it look like Zsa Zsa Gabor and Art Linkletter saw it, not as the after hours clean up crew saw it. Let me know via "The List" if you can do that. OK?................... :wink: :lol:

:D Great job guys and hopefully I can afford more than one when they come out! :D

[ Edited by: Rattiki 2007-06-09 19:46 ]

This is a long shot, but are you still selling those mugs?

EDIT - Nevermind, posted before I read the full thread :P

[ Edited by: Ratzaroony 2007-06-11 12:02 ]

Release date set in stone yet? :lol:

Any word, Holden, tikigreg?

Before or after Independence Day?

Gotta' save those nickels and dimes! :D

sandz

Probably rolling out around the end of Summer. We make them here at our California kiln so production volumes are much less than at our overseas factory. We've got about 100 done with another 50 or so getting decal fired tomorrow. Once we get about 350-400 qc'd and confirmed 1st quality, I'll go live online with them. The run is limited to 500 with a limit of 3 per household. I'll give a heads up here on TC as the launch date becomes clearer.

R

On 2007-06-28 17:52, blacksandz wrote:
Release date set in stone yet? :lol:

YEAH YEAH! Blacksandz has got it! THAT'S THE BLUEISH TINT I'M TALKING ABOUT! :wink:

Rattiki, that bluish tint can be achieved the same way it was on the original fireplace, through lighting. In fact, we're hoping those that order a mug will take a picture of it in some sort of mood shot, lighting it the way they remember the fireplace or have seen it in pictures. If people are interested, we might even have a contest to see who can capture the spirit of the Kahiki using the mug as a centerpiece in the photo.

And speaking of Spirit of the Kahiki, I would like to send a huge Mahaloz out to Tim Tsao of Kahiki Foods for his help in this project. He graciously allowed us to use the Kahiki logo on the back of the mug to add to the authenticity of the piece.

Had the opportunity briefly meet Greg ( got it now ) and to see one at Hukilau. Love it and have to have one, I'll be watching for the release!

R

On 2007-06-29 12:59, tikigreg wrote:
Rattiki, that bluish tint can be achieved the same way it was on the original fireplace, through lighting. In fact, we're hoping those that order a mug will take a picture of it in some sort of mood shot, lighting it the way they remember the fireplace or have seen it in pictures. If people are interested, we might even have a contest to see who can capture the spirit of the Kahiki using the mug as a centerpiece in the photo.

And speaking of Spirit of the Kahiki, I would like to send a huge Mahaloz out to Tim Tsao of Kahiki Foods for his help in this project. He graciously allowed us to use the Kahiki logo on the back of the mug to add to the authenticity of the piece.

tikigreg I think that is cool idea and I hope you understand I am just being a cheeky bastard pulling Holden's chain. I love the work he does (and my shelves prove it) and I have a great reverence for the Kahiki (though I never had a chance to go) and am very glad we can help support the restoration of this almost lost icon of 60's tiki-dom, as much of the expensive Kahiki emphemera, scores of swizzles, paddles and repro mugs in my room attest :D

Looks really good. I can't wait to get one :)

Please put me on the list too.Holden's still being stingy
with the "Rocketship Decanter".

Hey, sign me up too!

PLEASE sign me up too! I can't WAIT to get this baby! It is indeed mondo AWESOME!

Pages: 1 2 3 133 replies