Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Bohemiann humbly Carves

Pages: 1 4 replies

After my friend and Master Carver David Landry

of Nokomis, Fla. passed away I decided to pick up the chainsaw and carry on his style. I have never tried carving before and will always regret not having taken more time to collaborate with David. Truth be told I regret not having spent more time hanging out with him especially at the end. The carvings I am working on now are inspired by his work and will always bear a token to his memory and a credit for his vision.

While not traditional and somewhat whimsical I always enjoyed these guys and their big grinning mugs. David used to paint his bright fun colors for now I am leaving them in a more natural state.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-03-29 09:47 ]

K

That's pretty cool, Bohemian. Be sure to post some pics of the tikis ya carve when you get to it! Good luck!

B

Welcome to Tiki Central Bohemiann, Glad to have you aboard. We're always looking for new carvers, even first time carvers as thats how we All started:).
Hope to see some pictures of your work in progress soon. Don't be afraid to ask questions as we have Lots of carvers who together probably experienced Any issue you are likely to run into. Come On IN!

M

Welcome to TC Bohemiann! Very honorable and worthy undertaking.

Here's a dedication site to his works

http://www.davidlandry.com/truehome.htm

Very talented!

He was a member here too. Tiki-Dave

He looked pretty young to leave us so soon.

Mahalo Bohemian!

A prayer for David's family!

McTiki

[ Edited by: McTiki 2007-03-28 19:05 ]

[ Edited by: McTiki 2007-03-28 19:13 ]

Wow, thanks for the welcome. I actually had not realized that I had submitted the post yet and was surprised to see comments already. I first met David in 86 when I was selling his tiger and lion carvings in a gift shop I owned at the time in Venice, Florida. I am happy to see a plethora of Florida carvers in the mix.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-03-29 11:58 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies