Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Drink Contest 2007?

Pages: 1 17 replies

B

Have not seen a thread about this recently on the search BUT-- is there ever going to be another?

Curious minds want to know.

On 2007-03-30 22:12, Bincho wrote:
Have not seen a thread about this recently on the search BUT-- is there ever going to be another?

Curious minds want to know.

Ya!

WTF??

O

I'm up for one!

Me too!

A

Glad I'm not the only one who was wondering about this. Whaz up?

Count me in. :)

B

Well it seems as if most of us are NorCal peeps--- See also NorCal home Bar Crawl thread.....

Perhaps the crawl will yield some bad plans and broken dreams?

J

I'm in. I've enjoyed several drinks from the last contest and would look forward to trying the new ones offered. Although I am not from NorCal.

I'm still a rookie at all of this and probably get the lingo mixed up....but can one of you experts please explain what the differecne is between a "Home Bar Tour" and a
"Home Bar Crawl"....thanks in advance.

I also am not sure how the drink contests work. Do people from all over submit their recipes, then a set of judges meet at a single location and try out the various concoctions? Sorta looked like that for the last one. If a 2007 drink recipe contest was implemented, who determines where the tasting occurs and who the judges are? I would venture to submit a recipe, but in no way would qualify as a judge....certainly don't have the palet or experience to judge such a contest.

Sorry for the dumb questions. :D

MT

On 2007-04-14 08:51, VampiressRN wrote:
I'm still a rookie at all of this and probably get the lingo mixed up....but can one of you experts please explain what the differecne is between a "Home Bar Tour" and a

A Home Bar Tour would be only one or two home bars per day max. You would hang out, and enjoy the hospitality of your hosts, get drunk, play strip tiki indian poker, etc. Several people might crash over on the various sofas, floors, under tables, and other various nooks and crannies, and some of those people might get together to do some (in)appropriate things that everyone else in the house can hear in the middle of the night.

A Home Bar Crawl would be a condensed version, where you cram several home bar visits into one day. Not as much time to hang out and enjoy the hospitality of your host, because you are only spending a couple hours at each place before you move on to the next.

MT

Hey, I wanna get in on this drink contest too. I've got a few things up my sleeves. And hey, do you have any pre-filled out complaint forms? Mark mine down now for the winner's lack of creativity, too early of time deadline cutoff, complexity of recipe, and hard to find ingredients.

LMAO...thanks for the explanation Mai Tai....makes it clear to me now. :D

I've asked this question a couple of times over the last couple of years with absolutely no response whatsoever. I would love to get in on the next one if it ever happens again. I hope it does!
:drink: :)

On 2007-04-14 08:51, VampiressRN wrote:

In MY experience.....they all start out as a "HOME BAR TOUR" and by the end of the night they become a "HOME BAR CRAWL"!!! :lol:

The last one was in 2003, right? Hmmm! Shouldn't it be an annual event? Assuming a west coast venue, being that I'm in the National Capital Area, I would only be able to participate if attendance was not mandatory.

I'd certainly send in a few recipes, though.

I know I'm somewhat new to this venue . . . but I assumed this would be a 'Yearly' event . . . it isn't?

B
Bincho posted on Fri, May 4, 2007 7:57 PM

Phew! I forgot to follow up on this thread-- Keep the momentum!

Sounds like we need a preliminary Pow-Wow to strategize this some more, and an evening at FI would be good to do that.

OR
perhaps at Vamps throwdown in June,
OR
Both!

Pages: 1 17 replies