Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

TC to save Trader Joe’s

Pages: 1 4 replies

BB

I heard from a Trader Joe’s insider that the La Brea and Third St. location in Los Angeles was… APRIL FOOLS! Ha Ha Whoo! :lol:

Just kidding but seriously have you ever been to a Trader Joe’s with a parking lot that didn’t suck?

That’s actually a rhetorical question.

Never mind.

T

True Factoid. This is done on purpose by the company. The idea is to always make the store look crowded.

All their parking lots suck....

BB

On 2007-04-01 08:43, tikiyaki wrote:

I knew it!

Thanks Tikiyaki.

On 2007-04-01 08:43, tikiyaki wrote:
True Factoid. This is done on purpose by the company. The idea is to always make the store look crowded.

That is interesting....the same must stand true for Starbuck's too. I thought they just located these businesses in small shopping centers because they were cheaper overhead.

That is one reason I don't go to Trader Joe's very often, hard to get a parking place and generally not in the areas where I tend to shop. If they ever open one in my neck of the woods, I would probably hit them at least bi-weekly. I just went there yesterday.....YEAH...I have tiki bags. :sheckymug:

J

I've actually been to that Trader Joe's at Third and LaBrea, and yeah, the parking lot sucks big time!!! However, the one in Alameda has a nice large parking lot in the new part of the shopping center that has been undergoing remodeling for some time. Trader Joe's was the first new major tenant a couple years ago. The only problem is that it shares the lot with the Super Safeway next door, so it can get crowded on a busy Saturday, but it's not half as bad as the one on Third in LA. Plus, we have the tiki bags!!! Yay!!

Pages: 1 4 replies