Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki for Cats

Pages: 1 19 replies

Has anyone else seen the Tiki line of cat food? It's a high-end product with a polynesian theme for the menu. Lots of variety, sounds flavorful enough to serve at a Luau!

Next week I'll have to post some pix.

With flavors like:

Luau roast pig?
Papaya? Pineapple?
Um, poi?
SPAM? (oops, you said "high end"!)

Other than the obvious pork products, I'm having a hard time imagining Polynesian food being particularly geared toward Fluffy....

Maybe kitties would like pawing at the grass skirts swishing overhead. I could see that.
Or chasing/torturing crabs scuttering along the shore - great feline fun.

OK: crab or shrimp flavoured! THAT would be high-end Polynesian catfood.

I eagerly await these postings.
F

U

I've seen this before, but only online. These products aren't sold in Michigan (yet). Here's a link to their online catalog: http://www.petropics.com/catalog.htm

Bora Bora Luau? Wow....Good thing I don't own a cat.

OMG...I better not show this to my dogs "The Evil Twins"...they will be begging for treats and toys and have them all destroyed in seconds. How fun though....even Tiki Bird....thanks for the link. :)

HC

seems my babe missed this chance at FAME !......(her being tikicat67 and us having FIVE cats and three German Shepherds !) .............(hope this one's not on any recall lists).....hmmmm...shepherd pie anyone?.......I like the theme and it's just one more indicator of the coming Tiki wave sweeping the psyche .......let's just hope (the overall interest) it inspires a corresponding ma halo spirit....

[ Edited by: Hula Cat 2007-04-10 16:03 ]

speaking of tiki and cats, my cat has recently taken too keen of an interest in my mugs. do any of you crazy cattiki people have any suggestions for discouraging this behavior or better securing the mugs from cat attacks?

C

We've got 3 cats & fortunately have never had any issues with mug attacks - they love to chew & eat raffia, which I have since given up on & removed from the bar - even the hula skirt that was glued to one of my carved tikis by the artist. The key is in giving them something else nearby that is more interesting than your mugs. Think about what they like to play with......besides the mugs.....

aack! too morbid...

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-04-12 01:05 ]

Thanks for spoiling my cat!

Seriously, though, we have been trying out different high-protein, no-byproduct foods on our cat lately, based on our vet's recommendation. My wife picked up some Tiki Cat last week, and now we're not sure the cat will eat anything else. The going rate around here is like 80 something cents a can. The vet - who did not plug Tiki Cat specifically - thinks this type of diet will prevent a lot of common cat health problems, which he feels are caused by crappy pet food. So maybe the higher food cost will pay off in lower vet and care bills later (an interesting business plan on the vet's part!) Meanwhile we can geek out and feel like the cat is joining us in the Tiki experience... she does like hanging out in our lounge...

TT

I bought this as an example of "Tiki on it, but no Tiki in it". If the makers own the rights to the name Tiki Toys, they should try produce some, not just generic stuff.

I bet all the cat lovers are gonna go "Cuuuute, whered'ya get it?", so here it is:

http://www.favoritepetproducts.com/

...but think about it, once you take the "Tiki" label off, a "Tiki Toy" mouse will just be... a toy mouse

On 2007-04-16 11:44, bigbrotiki wrote:
I bought this as an example of "Tiki on it, but no Tiki in it". If the makers own the rights to the name Tiki Toys, they should try produce some, not just generic stuff.

I bet all the cat lovers are gonna go "Cuuuute, whered'ya get it?", so here it is:

http://www.favoritepetproducts.com/

...but think about it, once you take the "Tiki" label off, a "Tiki Toy" mouse will just be... a toy mouse

Looks like a moldy pineapple!

CJ

my kittens love this stuff or any other wet food

This cat's not really Tiki, but it sure is a swinging cat!:

Some one should come up with a Tiki scratching post.

(Though I like dogs myself.)

A

Both the Tiki cat and the dog fly out of my store- we sell around 20 cases a week!
PetEdge used to carry a pretty cool scratcher too!

[ Edited by: ahvyna 2008-10-31 12:04 ]

TT

On 2008-10-31 09:44, bigbrotiki wrote:

This cat's not really Tiki, but it sure is a swinging cat!:

Oh dear...lol

C

Tiki Cat is a occasional treat for my 6 very spoiled felines. I always have a few cans in the pantry.

M

Pages: 1 19 replies