Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Does anybody here know Final Cut Pro?

Pages: 1 4 replies

Having an issue with editing a Quicktime movie. Any info would be much appreciated.

what are you trying to figure out?

Ah...somebody!!! Thank you!

Here's the deal: I imported a Quicktime into Final Cut. It plays fine in the source window but when I bring it into the timeline and play it in the 'Canvas' window I hear the audio but can't see the video. The answer I've been getting from the few people that I know that are familiar with FCP say that I need to render the video. Tried that. Doesn't work. I've also looked at the 'image properties' of the Quicktime when it is in the source monitor and set the sequence preferences to what, I think, would be the corresponding specifications, but no dice there either. Pretty aggravating. I know that if I can see this thing in the source window there MUST be a way for me to see it and edit with it in the 'Canvas' window. I'm sure it's one button I'm not pushing in there somewhere. I've been searching the web to see if I can find any details but I can't seem to locate anything that adresses this kind of thing.

Any clues??

P

http://www.creativecow.com

That's a puzzler but it could be the QT is at odds with the preference settings like DV-square, etc, etc.

Also, try using a third party program to export the QT as something else.

I work on the thing every day and it throws me a curve every other day.
Resets its own parameters. Turns things off. I was drug into this program kicking and screaming and I still want to beat up everyone at Media 100 for spending all of their money on party barges and leaving their customers to fend for themselves.

That's a puzzler but it could be the QT is at odds with the preference settings like DV-square, etc, etc.

Also, try using a third party program to export the QT as something else.

I work on the thing every day and it throws me a curve every other day.
Resets its own parameters. Turns things off.

Yeah.. I tried messing with the 'sequence settings'. I tried just about every NTSC option DV, JPEG, Sorenson... whatever. No dice. The thing that burns me about alot of these applications is that they're not intuitive at all. There's always some stupid trick here and there that unless you learned it from a certified instructor or expert from the actual manufacturer, you would never be able to figure it out on your own. I hear you on the 'curves'. I work on Avid alot, and call me crazy, but that thing just does things sometimes that are unexplainable. In alot of cases they happen when your producer or client is in the room. Great way to look like you 'know what you're doing', right? Case in point, not too long ago while I was working; everything going along fine my producer asks me to play a clip of audio and all of the sudden, guess what? NO AUDIO! After a couple of minutes of monkeying around to see what the hell was going on it turns out that the sample rate somehow changed from 44khz to 48khz. Unless I was trapped in a time warp or doing acid, there was no way on this earth that I changed the sample rate myself. So aggravating.

I'll try the third party thing, that may work. Thanks!!!!

Pages: 1 4 replies