Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Farm Rip-Offs - BEWARE!

Pages: 1 13 replies

TM

I recently saw a picture posted in "Tiki Finds" with some resin tikis that are unlicensed Tiki Farm designs. Don't buy these,these are rip-off designs!

What are the design patents numbers?
:wink:

M

I beleive this would be more Copyright than Patent infringement.

Holden knows what to do if he chooses to.

Mahalo

McTiki

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 13, 2007 8:35 AM

GROG saw the thread title and had to check out the thread. GROG was wondering who Tiki Farm ripped-off. Just bastin' your balls, Holden (some more).

Here's a link to the "Tiki Finds" thread/page with more clarification..

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&start=2625&2629

Those are cool!!!
Anyone know where I can get a set?
Thanks,
Buzzy

..nice to know i'm not the only one dealing with this rip-off crap!! good luck!

On 2007-04-13 08:35, GROG wrote:
GROG saw the thread title and had to check out the thread. GROG was wondering who Tiki Farm ripped-off. Just bastin' your balls, Holden (some more).

Grog, bastin' my balls gives me a visual that I can do without!

J

On 2007-04-13 14:43, MakeDaMug wrote:

On 2007-04-13 08:35, GROG wrote:

Grog, bastin' my balls gives me a visual that I can do without!

That image is almost as bad as the "giblets" painting on the Tiki Farm Sale thread! :o

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 13, 2007 7:46 PM

Sorry about the visual, Holden. The word was supposed to be BUSTIN', not BASTIN'.

Ernie, you're such a Turkey! :)

TS

On 2007-04-13 20:08, little lost tiki wrote:
Ernie, you're such a Turkey! :)

Or he was craving it! :P

On 2007-04-13 05:30, Tiki Matt wrote:
I recently saw a picture posted in "Tiki Finds" with some resin tikis that are unlicensed Tiki Farm designs. Don't buy these,these are rip-off designs!

I'm surpirsed nobody has pointed this out yet, but the two on the far right are rip-offs too -- of the dreaded Party City Tiki!

Somehow the rip-off version looks more appealing -- must be the lack of eye-searing colors.

T

A friend told me about JoAnn fabric selling tiki things and showed me a camera phone pic of a super sweet suffering bastard they had there. That was yesterday, so I went today and it wasn't there but I picked up bamboo mugs and plates that are pink and another color with Shag artwork all over it

Pages: 1 13 replies