Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

shrunken heads going mainstream this year!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

expect a bump in interest for all things shrunken head this year due to the new pirates of the carribean movie and possibly the new series"drive" on t.v.....johnny depps pirate character sports a shrunken head hanging off his belt in the movie, plus the toys are on the shelf at target already featuring a shrunken head that comes with one of the action figures....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-04-16 08:06 ]

Oh, I think that's fantastic! I have always enjoyed those things, and any kind of ghoulish rubber prop ...

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 16, 2007 7:53 PM

I want a shrunken head dog chew toy :D

(yes, for the dog, not me...)

The coolest tiki art is not bought on ebay, it comes personally from my fellow artists on TC

[ Edited by: hewey 2007-04-16 19:54 ]

FABULOUS!!! And ditto on that Hewey....my evil twins would like those. :D

You know, I can't wait to down some Shrunken Heads at the Mai-Kai this June!!! Another great reason to go to the Hukilau.

Maybe they'll get popular enough that i can find a shrunken head to hang from my rear view mirror on my car...

On 2007-04-20 14:08, zombiepops wrote:
Maybe they'll get popular enough that i can find a shrunken head to hang from my rear view mirror on my car...

...are you serious?? you can't swing a bamboo pole without hittin a shrunken head!!....they are all over the internet. some cheapy ones and some kinda cool...all of them can hang from your mirror.

The series 2 Borneo Bob's Shrunkenhedz keychains will feature six new artists, including a design from Shag. I can't wait to see what his design looks like! 8)

Greg

http://www.flatearthtrading.com

ST

On 2007-04-16 19:53, hewey wrote:
I want a shrunken head dog chew toy :D

Funny thing. I bought a shrunken head bike horn from Tipsy and my dog was convinced it was a chew toy for him.

On 2007-04-20 14:23, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
...are you serious?? you can't swing a bamboo pole without hittin a shrunken head!!....they are all over the internet. some cheapy ones and some kinda cool...all of them can hang from your mirror.

apparently I haven't been swinging the right bamboo poles then. and I haven't looked in a while to be honest, so maybe its time to ask the great and mighty google and see what it tells me.

zombiepops

Pages: 1 9 replies