Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Drummer Toy by Schylling

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hey yall!

My daughter brought this over to dinner the other night for my birthday!

It is a battery operated "Tiki Drummer" made by the Schylling Toy Company.

The back of the package reads "From a culture lost centuries ago the TIKI calls again. Palm trees sway in the warm island breezes as the TIKI drummer calls the tribe with his secret pagan beat. Listen carefully to the hypnotic drumming sound. You will be mesmerized! No TIKI collection is complete without this unusual and irresistable mechanical drumming TIKI.

I kinda have to agree! (Just outta principle that this was a GIFT from my daughter)! Actually, it is kinda cool.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am, does anyone have any extra AA batteries)?

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-04-19 18:21 ]

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-04-19 18:22 ]

The link on this post has a funny video with one of those tiki drummers.

I used to have one too, but I sent it to Andy Landry.

That was a cute video. OK....PTD, now I want one of those!!! That daughter sure is thoughtful. :)

Great video clip...I was kinda dancing around like that when I first heard the music!

Vamp...my daughter told me this morning she bought this at Evangelines in Old Sacramento...also mentioned they had quite alot of other tiki stuff there too.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am cuz I started dancing when the tiki started playing)!

OK, who's gonna do it?:

You probably did search before you posted, but remember, when searching if something has been posted about already, if it has "Tiki" in it: "The word(s) Tiki are very common and were removed to speed up the search", so it might not have come up:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13991&forum=12

This is not to discourage posting about that at all, but just to keep things under already existing topics.

Admittedly, I did not perform a search on this particular topic. I was in a hurry to post this and also thought this was relatively new, having not seen it show up in any threads in the past year or so that I have been looking.

I'm sorry...what should my punishment be?

Thanks for the scolding and I will be sure to use that nifty search function in the future!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and now I know to ALWAYS use the search function before starting a thread)!

On 2007-04-20 10:19, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
I'm sorry...what should my punishment be?

Having to listen to the FULL LENGTH of the Tiki Drummer song 10 times in a row ! :D

The makers of that drummer apear to have copied the head from funko's tiki wacky wobbler

Pages: 1 7 replies